Cheesy Oven Burrito Bake
If you’re looking for new ways to entice the family to the the table for dinner, then we’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
- 2 (Unit) large, sliced red and/or green bell peppers (cut into thin strips)
- 1 (Unit) medium ontion (sliced)
- 1 t (Teaspoon) ground cumin
- 1 cn (Can) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk (divided)
- 1 c (Cup) shredded, reduced-fat, 2-percent cheddar cheese
- 1 cn (Can) diced green chilies (undrained)
- 1 c (Cup) cooked long- or medium-grain brown rice (heated)
- 1 cn (Can) fat-free refried black beans
- 6 (Unit) 8-inch multigrain or whole-wheat tortillas
- (Unit) salsa and guacamole ((optional))
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray to medium-high heat. Then, add peppers, onions and cumin. Stir occasionally for six to eight minutes, until vegetables are tender.
3. Combine 1 ¼ cups evaporated milk, cheese and chilies in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir 3/4 cup of cheese sauce into heated brown rice. Reserve remaining cheese sauce.
4. Combine refried beans and remaining ¼ cup evaporated milk in medium, microwave-safe bowl.
5. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for three to four minutes, stirring after each minute or until slightly thickened.
6. Fill tortillas with hot beans, rice and vegetables, dividing equally. Fold sides over filling. Place filled burritos, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese sauce. Cover with foil.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa and guacamole, if desired.
Cooktime: 20 minutes
Ready time: 20 minutes