Recipe: Baked Chicken Tenders
A healthy version of a kid-friendly meal.
Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning mix
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 20 ounces fresh chicken tenders
- 1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- Sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Combine ½ packet ranch dressing and seasoning mix with yogurt. Refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ranch dressing and seasoning mix with buttermilk. Refrigerate.
- Rinse chicken and thoroughly pat dry on paper towels.
- Combine chicken and buttermilk mixture together in a food storage zipper bag and refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine bread crumbs, almonds, garlic powder and pepper.
- Coat chicken in bread-crumb mixture.
- Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Lay chicken pieces on wire rack and spray with more cooking spray.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until no longer pink, the internal temperature should be at least 170 degrees.
- Use yogurt mixture as a dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready Time: 1 hour
Source: Family Features