7 Local Thank-You Cards For When You Gotta Express Gratitude
These are all such a card.
hen your bestie is there for a particularly harrowing personal episode of You’re Dating a Jerk.
When your mom drops off a care package of homemade broth and tea.
When your S.O. sends you a pizza (or any gift, really. But especially a pizza).
The list of reasons we need to say “thank you” goes on and on, but so do the ways to do it. Thanks to Hawai‘i’s abundance of the seriously talented and graphically inclined, we’ve got a catalog a mile wide of cool to cute to edgy to avant garde thank-you cards for every occasion. Whether we’re hitting up our crush, sending gratitude to our elementary school BFF or letting old Auntie Rose know that yes, we did get her check and yes, we do appreciate her—there’s a local card for that.
Say it write? We’ll say.
Photo: courtesy of mau-house
1. So this one doesn’t say “thank you,” per se, but we think your recipient will feel the aloha with this stamped shaka card by Mau-House. $3, Mori Hawai‘i, Ward Village Shops.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF nico made
2. How beautiful is this cursive and hibiscus number from the ever-lovely Nico Made? It’s both elegant and tropical, with sturdy stock and cheery colors. $5, nicomade.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF mistprint
3. Graceful lines curving into a noble bird-of-paradise sketch really caught our eye on this must-add to our thank-you card arsenal. $4, Mistprint Etsy.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Aloha Letterpress
4. Is it just us, or is ginkgo having a stylish moment? We love these slightly exotic, slightly ethereal fan-shaped leaves, and Aloha Letterpress’ cursive lettering is the perfect complement. $35 for 20 cards, Aloha Letterpress Etsy.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Beachcake
5. Who wouldn’t smile when opening the envelope and getting a peek at this serene, bathing-mer-beauty print from Beachcake? $5, Sugarcane Shop. 1137 11th Ave.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Hontas Higa
6. Whimsical and cute as a button, the playful vibe of this illustrated Hontas Higa number is the perfect way to drop your friend a line. $5, Hontas Higa Etsy.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF bradley and lily
7. This minimal piece really gets the point across, with two complementary, charming type selections for a double dose of gratitude. $4.50, South Shore Paperie, 1016 Kapahulu Ave., bradleyandlily.com.
READ MORE STORIES BY NATALIE SCHACK