6 Products to Help You Recover from the Hawaiian Sun
Perk your toasted skin and hair right up with these lotions and sprays.
According to the calendar, it’s been fall for a week. You are not buying it. Not with last week’s record-high temperatures across the state. This Indian summer is officially too hot to handle—and not just for our armpits (don’t even go there), but for our skin and hair. With those UV rays working overtime to get all up in your business, sun damage is hot on your heels.
Heed these warm words: Ditch that place in the sun. Or, at least, give your hot and bothered skin and hair a chance to recover with these after-sun products.
You’ll be hot to trot again in no time.
1. Give your parched skin some much-needed moisture with creamy Coconut After-Sun Lotion from Hawai'i's own Lanikai Bath and Body, a quick-absorbing concoction of noni and coconut oil. $13.50, lanikaibathandbody.com.
2. This won’t take the lobster-red out of your back, but the soothing, all-natural Burn Balm from Mānoa-based Indigo Elixirs will help you heal. $14, indigoelixirs.com.
3. Sebamed Repair Conditioner contains nourishing avocado oil and plant extracts to penetrate deep into your strands, naturally strengthening hair after a summer of sunbathing and salt-water swimming. $12.99, sebamedUSA.com.
4. Target sun-damaged dark spots with Amarte Aqua Mist, which uses botanicals to lighten and brighten your complexion. $67, amarteskincare.com.
5. Keep this Herbivore Botanicals After Sun Soothing Mist refrigerated for an extra-refreshing burst after an especially sweltering day out in the elements. $18, urbanoutfitters.com.
6. Sometimes, the only thing that will sate your thirsty skin is a full-on dip—try the luxurious, locally made Sun Recovery Milk Bath from Ola. $6, hawaiianbodyproducts.com.