HONOLULU Magazine and HONOLULU Family Magazine is looking for a freelance developer to help with ongoing projects for its websites.
Reports to: Christine Hitt, Digital Media Manager
Please email resume and web samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Work closely with the Digital Media Manager and Design Lead as a team, and using functionality specs, information hierarchy and applying front end design visuals to complete all tasks.
• Meet all requested development objectives and deadlines as assigned by the Digital Media Manager and Design Lead.
• 3+ years professional experience with web sites built in PHP.
• 1+ year working with Drupal, Wordpress and other CMS platforms.
• Expert in understanding data structures and algorithms.
• Possess strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Recommend new technologies as solutions to problems, when appropriate.
• Experience working with product management to better understand requirements and appropriate trade-offs in designs.
• Knowledge of Facebook/Twitter API, Responsive development and other web services a plus.
HONOLULU Magazine's design director wants experienced illustrators, photographers and designers in Hawaii to submit their portfolios for possible future work with the magazine. Please send info to email@example.com.
The Society of Professional Journalists, Hawaii Chapter, is now accepting applications for a 10-week summer internship with the HONOLULU Magazine editorial department. The deadline is February 29; more details are available at the SPJ Hawaii website: http://www.hawaiispj.org/Interns/2012 interns.html
Semester-based (3-5 months, depending on amount of hours). Hours are flexible and can be arranged according to a student’s academic/work schedule.
Each applicant must be a current student enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited university. Interns should be able to commit 12 to 20 hours per week, on average. The exact dates of the internship will depend on each student’s availability.
Paid internship (minimum wage $7.25/hr) with possible advancement opportunities. We may also offer a monthly TheBus pass or parking reimbursement.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three portfolio samples as a low-res PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a portfolio website, please include a link to your website with the required items.