Coming to you live from Honolulu, we’ve got a jam packed hour up next.
Tune into this playlist loaded with songs from artists who are bringing their summer concert tours to our island’s shores. An eclectic mix of oldies but goodies and the brand spanking new, it’s sure to get you into the groove.
1. “Kids,” by MGMT
You may have missed last night’s sold-out show, but you’ll definitely want to keep this electro-pop fan favorite in heavy rotation.
2. “Boys With Girlfriends,” by Meiko (Aug. 3 at The Loft)
Like stumbling into a warm coffeehouse on a rainy day, Meiko’s sound is a dreamy mix of breezy lovelorn musings and folksy acoustic guitar.
3. “Love Drunk,” by Boys Like Girls (Aug. 4 at Pipeline Café)
A little bit emo, a little bit pop punk and all so catchy you won’t be able to help but sing along.
4. “Far Behind,” by Candlebox (Aug. 7 at Pipeline Café)
90’s grunge all grown up with a polished hard rock feel.
5. “Don’t Speak,” by No Doubt (Aug.11 & 12 at the Blaisdell Concert Hall)
Reunited and it sounds so good! Gwen and the boys are back to revive all of their chart-topping 90’s, ska punk megahits.
6. “Sunshine,” by Matt Costa (Aug. 11 & 12 at the Blaisdell Concert Hall)
Laid-back lyrics over a twangy, mellow guitar—the perfect pop folk soundtrack for lazy summer days.
7. “No One’s Gonna Love You,” by Band of Horses (Aug. 23 at Pipeline Café)
Acoustic and electric sound backs the echo-y, melancholy vocals from indie rock’s latest darlings.
8. “One Thing Leads to Another,” by The Fixx (Aug. 28 at Pipeline Café)
Dig out your neon mesh tank top and acid wash jeans for a flashback to the 80’s!
9. “Lazy Eye,” by Silversun Pickups (Sept. 5 at Pipeline Café)
Heavy guitar riffs with an electric touch make for a hypnotic alternative rock rush.
10. “Dashboard,” by Modest Mouse (Sept. 9 at Pipeline Café)
Classic indie-rock with subtle, bouncy harmonies to bop your head to.
11. “Green Light,” by John Legend (Sept. 12 & 13 at the Blaisdell Concert Hall)
Soulful vocal stylings and smooth piano riffs from the current king of R&B.