Ditch the Bouquet: 7 Alternative, Floral-Inspired Gifts
We’d pick all of these.
Roses are bleh, violets are boo. Flowers for Valentine’s Day are so cliché, but showing up at your babe's (or Galentine’s) house empty-handed is bound to get you kicked in the bud.
Here’s a seed of an idea: Mix it up this year with a bloom-inspired bauble that will get her garden growing. These seven floral beauties are favors we wouldn’t mind finding in our bouquet, and the best part? No watering and no wilting.
Now that is some serious flower power.
1. With this vibrant beach towel, your bouquet will live on and she’ll think of you every time she’s lounging shoreside (which is a lot). Slowtide bird-of-paradise-print towel, $48, slowtide.co.
2. Elegant and oh-so-Zen, this silver lotus necklace by North Shore-based jeweler Vanessa Pack is one real cute way to wear flowers around her neck. You know, other than lei. Vanessa Pack Jewelry necklace, $169. 67-106 Ke'alohanui St., Waialua, 637-1597.
3. The luscious and clean scent of plumeria makes these beautifully wrapped little bars of soap a sweet way to spoil her. Mālie plumeria luxe cream soap, $16.50, Mālie, 2259 Kalākaua Ave., 922-2216.
4. This ideal Valentine’s Day perfume packs a whole garden into one lovely bottle: Poppy, gardenia, magnolia and rose play with hints of raspberry and pink pepper for a light, fresh scent. Kenzo Flower in the Air eau de parfum, $110, macys.com.
5. These ultra-adorable phone cases, made with real pressed flowers, are probably the pretties things we’ve seen all year. Talk about in love. Pressed flower phone case, $32.95, Roberta Oaks Hawai‘i, 19 N. Pauahi St., 526-1111.
6. We are totally gaga over this too-cool and totally luxe Givenchy eye palette, which comes in a gorgeous rose print. You know, if anyone wants to get it for us for Valentine’s Day *hint hint.* Givenchy eye wardrobe clutch set, $48, sephora.com.
7. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: You can never have too many bags. This chipper tropical Samudra number has perky ginger plants in holiday-appropriate blush tones. Samudra pink ginger clutch, $68, Owens & Co., 1152 Nu‘uanu Ave., 531-4300.