7 Slippers You Can Actually Wear To Work
These “fancy” flip flops will kick your style up a few notches.
Hawaii in the movies: surfing 24/7, mai tais for breakfast and a steady wardrobe of boardshorts and Locals slippers.
Hawaii in real life? Um, not quite.
It is true that we’re a bit more laid back than, say, New York City, so we can get away with a certain Island flair during the daily grind. You won’t be able to wear your bikini into the office, but these fancy takes on the classic slipper are the perfect mix of comfy and stylish to satisfy you work-week dress code.
Now to find a pair of boardshorts that are board room-appropriate.
1. The chunky beading and clear “mirage” strap on these will take you from pencil-pushing to pau hana. $19.94, dsw.com.
2. Woven gladiator-style sandals add a boho touch to an outfit, without feeling sloppy. $79, urbanoutfitters.com.
3. A crocodile-skin design combines with luxe gold to give these Tory Burch thongs some real class. $165, bergdorfgoodman.com.
4. You’ll fall for this demure pair of appropriately named “Happily Ever After” Kate Spade sandals. $68, katespade.com.
5. Punky-meets-pretty in a pair of splurge-worthy Valentinos. $295, neimanmarcus.com.
6. Mandarin pops on Michael Kors’ signature structured sandals, complete with silver logo detailing. $98.95, nordstrom.com.
7. Delicate, white, perforated leather in a lace-like pattern makes these simple slip-ons feel girly. $24.95, ae.com.