A Peek Inside HONOLULU Fashion Team's Purses
Just For You Handbag Voyeurs
We're always armed and ready. There's nothing we can't handle. When someone on the HONOLULU fashion team faces a style shortfall that threatens her entire look, she knows the others are always packing chic.
Today, we open up our fashion editors' handbags to see what everyone stashes every day. Totes adorable.
Spring's oversize clutches are a fun daytime alternative—I snagged this envelope style from ASOS and am loving its tribal feel. Asos.com, currently sold out, similar style here.
- I often carry a camera for press events, which I keep safe and cutely sound in this colorful Milesto pouch, equipped with padded sides and handy interior pockets. Currently on backorder at Mono, 2013 S. King St., 955-1595
- I'm all about a bright pout ala M.A.C's classic Russian Red and Tom Ford's fuchsia Aphrodisiac lipsticks. Available at Macy's, Kahala Mall, 737-5429.
- I've been working on a beauty story for Honolulu Shops' summer issue and this confetti-like Deborah Lippman polish was one of the spoils. Available at Sephora, Waikiki Shopping Plaza, 923-3301.
- In works-with-everything tortoise, these Prada Crow shades (a Christmas gift from the BF) offer a touch a of understated glamour. Available at Nordstrom, Ala Moana Center, 953-6100.
- When scouting for new finds, I jot down a lot of notes and quotes, and Field Notes' charmingly retro memo books are the perfect travel size. Available at Hound and Quail, 1400 Kapiolani Blvd., 779-8436.
A long cross body strap on my purses, such as this Tommy Hilfiger, is key for biking around the city. I found mine at Ross Dress For Less, various locations.
- There's never a piece of paper when ya need it. That's why I carry Rifle Paper Co.'s Safari Pocket Notebooks with me, whether for jotting down addresses or emergency napkins. $10 for 2 pack, riflepaperco.com.
- My phone is in constant use, which means constant danger of being dropped or damaged. This Rifle Paper Co. case keeps it cute and safe. $36, riflepaperco.com.
- Things are constantly getting lost in the bottom of my bag - hair bands, vitamins, lipstick. I NEED a handy little bag to keep it all in check. Similar style $235 at asos.com.
- Because I'm constantly eating, i need to reapply lip gloss and lipstick way more than the average jane. A tube of Burberry lip gloss in Mallow Pink in my purse is a must. $27, on Nordstrom.com.
Full disclosure: I bought this 10 Crosby Derek Lam cross body just to hit the free shipping tier online. But I couldn't return it. Slim enough to slip into my work bag, the pop of color and contrasting leather straps just make me happy. Similar clutch in different colors available on Amazon.com.
- Loved these Peter Pilotto sunglasses collab piece from Target. Loved it even more when it went on clearance…so much so that Stacey and I both took a pair. $11.88, just 6 still available at Target Kapolei, 4450 Kapolei Pkway, 457-3679.
- Happy Birthday to me! The fashion team gave me this bright blue Baggu wedge pouch that's just the right size for emergency change, contact lenses and breaking-in-shoe band-aids. $12 at baggu.com.
- My ever-exploding bracelet collection is stuffed with styles that don't slide annoyingly around my small wrists, like this Tasha Spike stretch and Marc Bernstein's suede-and-gunmetal wrap bracelets. Tasha bracelets just sold out. Find similar styles on nordstrom.com. Marc Bernstein bracelets start at $175, mbernstein.com.
- I don't do lipstick, unless Brie and Stacey make me. Instead, I have C.O. Bigelow's lip glosses in every bag for a no-mess tint plus a minty scent. $7.50, Bath & Body Works, Ala Moana Center, 946-8020, and Pearlridge, 484-2211.
Received as a gift a while back, Coach's Legacy leather satchel is a great, basic carryall. Similar in style, the current Bleecker Pinnacle Preston satchel in python embossed leather is a real fashion charmer. $908, Coach, Ala Moana Center, 947-4550.
- When I don't have time to stack my bracelets, I throw on a statement piece like this Boyfriend Bracelet watch from Coach. $248, Coach, Ala Moana Center, 947-4550.
- For an added punch to my minimal daily makeup, I like to throw on punchy lip shades such as this new–for-the-season Tory Burch Pretty Baby lipstick. $32, Tory Burch, Ala Moana Center, 945-2670.
- I still believe a handwritten note is the write way to go when saying thank you, happy birthday or congratulations. I always have one on hand, just in case. Rock Scissor Paper recycled paper greeting card, $3.25, Eden in Love, Ward Centers, 591-1005.
- I have a J. Crew obsession, or maybe addiction, either way the stash of Crew jewelry pieces in my bag is always there and constantly changing. J. Crew-on-the-island, Ala Moana Center, 949-5252.
Michael Kors Jet Set Saffiano Tote was the latest buy in my ever-growing handbag collection. The cheery color is just right for welcoming spring. $248, available in other colors at Michael Kors, Ala Moana Center, 941-2100.
- I always keep nail polish on hand for quick fixes and to get rid of those annoying chips. OPI Nail Lacquer in Princesses Rule!, $9 on ulta.com, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat, $4.48 at Wal-Mart, various locations.
- Tiffany & Co. Victoria Rectangular Sunglasses keep my sun-sensitive eyes fully shaded in style. $385, Tiffany & Co., Ala Moana Center, 943-6677 and Luxury Row, 2100 Kalakaua Ave.
- Some people do shoes. I collect handbags. My pink Coach keychain is an ode to all the fun styles I switch out every week at work. Various prices, Coach, Ala Moana Center, 947-4550.
- I'm a little OCD, so although I have all my appointments in my phone calendar, I need to have them in written form as well in this Graphic Image Personal Pocket Journal in my favorite shade, pink! $38, bloomingdales.com.