My Weekend Picks: The Hitt List
1. F&M Present’s Candy Bar will be at Pearl on Friday. They will be hosting 101.9’s Maleko’s Room Birthday Celebration. Expect it to be packed. Ala Moana Center, Hookipa Terrace, 3rd Level, 944-8000.
2. Also in F&M news… they will not be hosting Skyline this Saturday. Instead, they are preparing for a special event called Heaven & Hell to be held August 31st. Visit flashandmattyboypresent.com for more info.
3. Waikiki Nei—Hawaii's version of Cirque du Soleil—is finally in full swing after it had been postponed since early July. This will be its second weekend, since it opened to the public on August 5. After the show is over and the showroom is converted into the Level 4 Nightclub & Ultra Lounge, you can brave the lines with me on the fourth floor of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. Look for my review of Level 4 next week, and share your comments on this new hotspot. 2233 Kalakaua Ave., Waikiki, 931-6100. www.waikikinei.com.
4. Ballet Hawaii presents Giselle for two performances only Saturday, Aug. 16 and Sunday Aug. 17 at the Blaisdell Concert Hall. Tickets are $25 to $75 on sale at the Blaisdell Box Office and all Ticketmaster locations, including Times; or charge by phone at (877)750-4400. www.ballethawaii.org
5. Band Camp VI is Saturday, Aug. 16 at the Waikiki Shell featuring 311, Jason Mraz, Augustana and David Tamaoka. Tickets are $39.50 to $49.50 and available from ticketmaster.com.
6. Russell Tanoue and Playtime Productions present RUSH at Chai’s Island Bistro Friday night. This is a new indoor and outdoor club experience from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Cover is $15, VIP reservations available. Aloha Tower Marketplace, For more information, call Chai’s at 585-0011.
7. Bon Dance at Mililani Hongwanji Mission this weekend. 95-257 Kaloapau St., Friday, Aug. 15 and Saturday, Aug. 16 at 7:30 p.m. 625-0925.
8. The Honolulu 48 Hour Film Project is this weekend Friday, Aug. 15 through Sunday, Aug. 17. There’s still time to enter and join a team! Registration is $155, visit www.48hourfilm.com for more info.
9. Enjoy great music, food and crafts at Kapiolani Park Sunday, Aug. 17, for the 26th Annual Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival, featuring 21 artists. Free, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more events, visit our online calendar.
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 in Permalink