8 Favorite Fashions from Hawaii Fashion Month
Two of Hawaii Fashion Month’s can’t-miss events include OUTFIT, a trade show on October 2 and 3, during which you can shop 50-plus retail booths helmed by local designers, and the 20th Annual Children and Youth Day on Oct. 6, which includes a fashion show spotlighting some of the Island’s top keiki and family fashion lines. Here’s a sneak peek at a few of our favorite participants’ goods.
1. LOVE AND MONSTERS: little-tyke footwear, embroidered tanks, and retro-print play sets.
2. ALLISON IZU: the jeanius designer’s newest additions—coordinating children’s dresses, skirts, shorts, and aloha shirts.
3. MAMANU: reversible children’s bonnets, caps and bucket hats.
4. SALTY GIRL JEWELRY: striking, Island-minded pieces including lotus-inspired cuffs and beetle-wing necklaces.
5. LILY OF THE VALLEY ISLE: easy, slip-on-and-go wrap skirts, tunics and dresses.
6. MANGO LUXE: polished, druzy-dotted jewelry and porcupine-quill styles.
7. BEVERLY HORTON: graphic heavy cover-ups and dresses mixed with chic, textured separates.
8. 19TH AND WHIMSY: cozy, high-low knits and playfully printed dresses.