Celebrate Wine at The Kahala
The Kahala Hotel & Resort will present and celebrate wine selections from California's Central Coast, May 21 & 22 at two special events.
Central Coast Wine Dinner
On Friday, May 21st, Hoku's will present a special five-course dinner paired with wine selections from Au Bon Climat, Costa De Oro, Hitching Post, Qupe and Clendenen Wines.
Foie Gras with Cherry Compote and Brioche
Paired with Au Bon Climat 1995 "Reserve" Pinot Blanc, Bien Nacido Vineyard
Crab Cake with Fennel Salad with Meyer Lemon and Tarragon Aioli
Paired with Costa De Oro 2007 Estate Chardonnay, Gold Coast Vineyard
Market Fresh Fish with Spring Succotash, Verjus Nage
Paired with Hitching Post 2006 Pinot Noir, Bien Nacido Vineyard
Beef Wellington with Foraged Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, Baby Carrots and Red Wine Sauce
Paired with Qupé 2004 Syrah "Bien Nacido Hillside Estate"
Dark Chocolate Mille Feuille with Chocolate Custard, Crisp Chocolate Daquoise, Golden Raisin Chutney, Port Wine
Paired with Caro Lorenzo 1995 Aleatico
Award-winning winemaker Jim Clendenen of Au Bon Climat will be available to discuss the wines throughout dinner.
The dinner will be offered from 5:30 to 10 p.m. for $80 per person plus tax and 20% service fee.
Symposia, a Celebration of Wine
Then on Saturday, May 22nd, from 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., The Kahala Hotel & Resort will host its second Symposia event of the year -- Oceanfront and Poolside at the hotel.
Guests can interact with vintners and sample selections from Au Bon Climat and other Central Coast wineries.
The Kahala's executive chef Wayne Hirabayashi will prepare summer-inspired dishes at four culinary stations. Here's a look at the menu for the event.
Sushi and Sashimi Station
- Ahi Sashimi
- Assorted Nigiri Sushi
- California Rolls, Spicy Ahi Rolls
- Whole Roasted Island Pork & Chicken
- Summer Fun Bar:
- Carrot Risotto, Fusion Peach Salsa
- Sweet Kahuku Creamed Corn & Fritters
- Red Wine Glazed Cabbage
- Watermelon, Jicama, and Maui Onion Salsa
- Star Anise & Fennel Farro, Cinnamon & Morel Cous Cous
- Guava BBQ Sauce, Spicy Ginger Garlic Soy
- Roasted Garlic Onion Pork Jus
- Rosemary Chicken Mushroom Gravy
- Snow Crab Claws, Crab Legs
- Oysters on the Half Shell, Shrimp Cocktail
- Cajun Fried Fresh Hawaiian Octopus Summer Rolls
- Condiments Bar:
- Lemon and Lime Wedges
- Cocktail Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce
- Ponzu, Wasabi Aioli
- Ume Mignonette
- Blackberry Short Cakes
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Watermelon Gelee
- Chocolate Bread Pudding with Black Sesame Paste
- Mango with Spicy Aleppo Pepper
- White Chocolate and Green Tea Mousse
- Peach Cakes with Lemon Verbena
- Meyer Lemon Tarts
- Pineapple Frangipane
- Chocolate and Raspberry Napoleon
From 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. (cigar event), cigar connoisseur Michael Herklots will be on hand beachside to showcase cigars from Davidoff of Geneva.
The event is available for $60 per person, plus tax and 20% service fee.
For reservations, call 808-739-8760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 in Permalink