Fondue New On the Menu at Chai's
Chai's Island Bistro has introduced a new healthy, low calorie and affordable concept to his landmark Aloha Tower Marketplace restaurant.
Chai's Patio offers a relaxed outdoor atmosphere and features a Southeast Asian Island Fondue. Using a rich broth seasoned with fresh herbs and spices, the new Island Fondue will offer a healthy and exotic dish.
Photo: courtesy of Chai's Island Bistro
The Island Fondue is served in a fiery hot pot with chef Chai Chaowasaree's tasty dipping sauces. All meat and vegetables come in a small plate, so guests can enjoy a variety of dishes. The new Island Fondue is a perfect way to control your calorie intake and fit a healthy lifestyle.
Chef Chai will also offer a fiery super spicy hot broth for those with a daring palate. Served with a word of warning, the main ingredients in the super spicy broth are Roasted Thai Chili Pepper and Ground Peanut.
Most items range from $4 to $9 (or with Wagyu beef for $17) and all items are under 250 calories each, most under 150 calories.
Here is a sampling of some of the proteins and vegetables:
- Bistro Shabu Shabu with Napa Cabbage, Chinese Celery, Green Onions, Long Rice and Egg
- Spicy Fiery Hot Pot with Ong Choi, Aloun Farms Sweet Onion, and Mushroom
- Asian Fondue with Aloun Farms Sweet Onion, lettuce, Tomato, cucumber, mint & rice paper
- Beef Round Eye - 158Cal, 45mg Cholesterol, 20g protein, 3g fat and NO carb
- Beef Tenderloin - 190Cal, 73mg Cholesterol, 22g protein, 8.5g fat and NO carb
- Wagyu Beef - 250Cal, 70mg Cholesterol, 14g protein, 21g fat and NO carb
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 100Cal, 50mg Cholesterol, 18g protein, 1g fat and NO carb
- Lean Pork Tenderloin - 98Cal, 45mg Cholesterol, 17g protein, 1.8g fat and NO carb
- Seafood Dumpling - 104Cal, 70mg Cholesterol, 16g protein, 1.5g fat and .3g carb
- Black Tiger Prawns - 112Cal, 60mg Cholesterol, 16g protein, 1.5g fat and 1g carb
- Sea Scallop - 100Cal, 60mg Cholesterol, 19g protein, 0.8g fat and 2.8g carb
- Fresh King Salmon - 100Cal, 44mg Cholesterol, 17g protein, 3g fat and NO carb
- Squid - 80Cal, 200mg Cholesterol, 13g protein, 3g fat and 4g carb
- Fresh Mahi Mahi - 60Cal, 44mg Cholesterol, 20g protein, 1g fat and NO carb
- Fresh Snapper - 66Cal, 44mg Cholesterol, 17.5g protein, 1.2g fat and NO carb
- Fresh Oyster in half shell - 160Cal, 100mg Cholesterol, 17.5g protein, 4.4g fat and 10g carb
- Fresh Ong Choi (Asian Watercress) - 40Cal, NO Cholesterol, 4g protein, NO fat and 8g carb
- Won Bok (Napa Cabbage) - 25Cal, NO Cholesterol, 2g protein, NO fat and 8g carb
- Enoki Mushroom - 45Cal, NO Cholesterol, 2g protein, NO fat and 8g carb
- Spinach - 15Cal, NO Cholesterol, 2g protein, NO fat and 2g carb
- Aloun Farms Zucchini - 60Cal, NO Cholesterol, 2g protein, NO fat and 14g carb
- Vermicelli Noodles - 160Cal, NO Cholesterol, 0.25g protein, .05g fat and 42g carb
- Soft Tofu -73 Cal, NO Cholesterol, 8g protein, 4g fat and 2g carb
- Organic Raw Whole Egg - 80Cal, 250mg Cholesterol, 7g protein, 2.5g fat and NO carb
- Wakana Soba with Crispy Garlic and Chinese Shiitake Mushroom - 200Cal, NO Cholesterol, 10g protein, 3g fat and 36g carb
Each item on the menu will also have its nutritional information listed, including amount of calories, cholesterol, protein, carbohydrate and fat content. “We will be the first and only restaurant telling people about the nutritional facts of their meal because we offer some of the most healthy dishes in town,” said Chaowasaree.
The Patio will open seven days a week at 4 p.m.
For reservation or more information, call 808-585-0011 or visit chaisislandbistro.com.