Going out for Thanksgiving? Some Hawaii dinner options.
Fun as it may be to assemble the Thanksgiving guests, it's work for the cook. Many Honolulu restaurants will do the work for you
Make it a real holiday. Let someone else cook Thanksgiving dinner. Here's an update of your Honolulu dining options, most of which offer traditional Thanksgiving turkey and options for the turkey-averse.
- In addition to its regular menu, Wolfgang's Steakhouse is offering a traditional turkey/stuffing/mashed potato/gravy dinner that begins with Caesar salad or lobster bisque and ends with a slice of pumpkin cheesecake, $49.95. Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m., reservations (808) 922-3600. (Picture below right.)
- The three restaurants at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (808-949-4321) all have Thanksgiving special menus. The Tropics Bar & Grill offers roast tom turkey with cornbread stuffing and cranberry compote, kabocha pumpkin soup, salad and pumpkin pie with spiced ice cream for $50. Bali Steak & Seafood offers a $75 four-course prix-fixe menu with choice of entrée: Kona sea salt-brined roast tom turkey; prime rib; pan-roasted Kona kampachi fillet; and vegetable risotto with Ali‘i and oyster mushroom. The Waikiki Starlight Luau (808-941-5828) will add Thanksgiving turkey and ham to its luau offerings, $98 for adults and $49 for children.
- In addition to their regular menu, the five Ruth’s Chris Steak Houses statewide offer a New Orleans-inspired harvest menu: corn and crab chowder or Steak House salad; traditional roasted turkey with cornbread Andouille stuffing, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, Kahuku corn and pumpkin pie or New Orleans Style pecan pie. From 4 p.m., $45 per person, $19 for children. Restaurant Row (808-599-3860), or for Waikiki Beach Walk (808-440-7910), Mauna Lani (808-887-0800), Lahaina (808- 661-8815) and Wailea (808-874-8880).
- At the Halekulani (808-923-2311), House Without a Key is offering, in addition to its regular menu, a $38 three-course menu of pumpkin and carrot soup, roasted turkey with Portuguese sausage stuffing, and cranberry pecan tart with pumpkin ice cream. La Mer has, in addition to its regular menu, a Thanksgiving special that includes cured duck breast with shaved fennel, sunchoke soup, and quail stuffed with turkey and foie gras mousse, for $106. Orchids has a Thanksgiving brunch and dinner buffet, both of which are sold out. (Orchids Christmas brunch is also sold out. Christmas and Christmas Eve dinner not quite yet.)
- The Willows (808-952-9200) has both a lunch and dinner buffet for Thanksgiving, $42.95 per adult and $21.50 per child (4 to 10 years old). The menu is extensive, from snow crab legs to turkey with peppered bacon and garlic stuffing, kiawe smoked roast pork, and prime rib. A whole list of desserts, including petite pumpkin crunch pies.
- 3660 On the Rise (808-737-1177) has a Thanksgiving buffet from 3:30-7 p.m. with fresh oysters on the half shell, turkey, salmon and prime rib, plus what it calls "dessert favorites," $42.25 adults, $18 children (3 to 10 years old).
- The Moana Surfrider's Beachhouse Restaurant (808-921-4600) has a Thanksgiving dinner buffet 3-8:30 p.m., with a menu that goes on for pages, from beechwood-smoked wild Atlantic salmon through prime rib, turkey and ham to two dozen desserts, adult $85, children $45.
- For $55, the Hau Tree Lanai (808-921-7066) has a four-course prix fixe menu with traditional roast turkey, lobster risotto, salmon and goat cheese salad, and pumpkin pie.
- The Sheraton Waikiki's Kai Market (808-922-4422) also has a buffet that includes turkey with truffle and mushroom stuffing, Lehua honey-rubbed bone-in ham and salt-crusted prime rib, not to mention Chinese salt-and-pepper prawns. $59 for adults, $19 for keiki ages 4-12 and free for keiki 3 and under. For $10 more, adults are offered unlimited sparkling wine. Whoo hoo.
- The Original Roy's in Hawaii Kai is closed for the Thanksgiving holiday. Roy's Waikiki (808-923-7697) and Roy's Ko Olina (808-676-7697) are both open, menus to be announced.
- Both Alan Wong's King Street and The Pineapple Room will be closed for the holiday.