Get Your Honolulu Valentine's Dinner Reservations TODAY
10 days to Valentine's Day and counting down. Make a reservation now.
Courtesy Romano's Macaroni Grill
Gentlemen, you may be thinking of Valentine's Day as a minor post-Super Bowl observance. Believe me, you'll wake up Monday, Feb. 14, regretting it. And it may be too late to get a dinner reservation.
Here's 17 suggestions to act on now. (This is Part I of this post, see Part II here.)
- Chef Mavro is offering "A Week of Love" with a Valentine's Pavlova dessert Feb. 8-14. Plus a special six-course "Valentine's Gourmet Dream," $140, on the 13th, 14th and by advance notice, the 15th. (808) 944-4714
- On Feb. 14, Nobu Waikiki offers an extravagant eight-course omakase menu, $130, and a special chocolate-infused champagne with strawberry foam. (808) 237-6999
- Alan Wong has a four-course Valentine's prix fixe, $85, that includes a "Four Play" of appetizers. (808) 949-2526
- From Feb. 11-18, Hoku's has a Lover's Menu, five courses named Anticipation, Flirtation. Romance, Passion and Sweet Addictions, all a la carte. Plus, for those who prefer an afternoon delight, there's an Afternoon of Love brunch, Feb. 13. (808) 739-8760
- Vino has a five-course Valentine's prix fixe, that includes candy-striped beet salad, $55, Feb. 14 by reservation only. (808) 533-4476
- At the Halekulani, La Mer offers a $95 five-course Valentine’s Romance Dinner that concludes with a Sweet Surprise dessert, along with La Mer’s chocolates. The Valentine’s Day Dinner at Orchids is four courses, priced at $70. Reservations required, collared shirts and slacks are required for gentlemen. (808) 923-2311
- Ruth's Chris Steak House is offering a $20 gift card to all Valentines. It opens 4 p.m. Feb. 14. Restaurant Row (808) 599-3860, Waikiki (808) 440-7010.
- Morton's The Steakhouse has its regular menu and special steak-and-seafood for two menu, $109.99 for two. (808) 949-1300
- Wolfgang’s Steakhouse has a three-course Valentine's menu that includes a porterhouse steak for two, for $99.95 a couple. Plus a Wolfgang's Teddy Bear (right) for each couple while supplies last. (808) 922-3600
- Romano's Macaroni Grill has Valentine's specials and offers an unspecified free gift to Valentines. Taking both walk-ins and reservations. (808) 356-8300
- Apartment 3 has a three-course Valentine's menu, $55, with champagne dinner packages also available. (808) 955-9300
- Here's an alternative you may not have thought of. The Laniakea YWCA is offering a three-course Valentine's dinner in its dining room, with music and a complimentary glass of champagne. Per couple: YWCA Members, $95, YWCA Guests, $125. Reserve before Feb. 11. (808) 695-2625
- From Feb. 12.-14, The Willows will have a special $39.95 Valentine's dinner buffet menu that includes a large dessert selection including Red Velvet Cupcakes, Vanilla Panna Cotta and Espresso Flan with Oreo Crumbles. (808) 952-9200
- Sean Priester's Soul Restaurant is doing two seatings Feb. 14, 5 and 7 p.m., 30 people each seating, with a special fixed menu. (808) 735-SOUL
- Feb. 14, the Princess Kaiulani has a Valentine's Buffet on the Pikake Terrace, $42.50. First, you can renew your wedding vows at a free ceremony, 5:15 p.m., at the hotel's Lava Rock stage. (808) 921-4600
- If Margaritaville is your notion of romance, Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber is offering a three-course menu with a glass of champagne, $99.95 per couple. Dinner culminates in a dessert called When the Volcano Blow. (808) 791-1200
- Yard House's chef, Carlito Jocson, has whipped up a menu of foods he feels are aphrodisiacs, which includes, improbably, halibut. But Yard House may be your salvation, because no reservations, first come, first served, available Feb. 11-14. (808) 923-9273
This is Part I of this post, see Part II here.