What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu on Kamehameha Day 2022
Your guide to which city and county and state services will be available or suspended in observance of Kamehameha Day on Friday, June 10, 2022.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for routes and other information.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
CLOSED OR CANCELED SERVICES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- All branches of the Hawai‘i State Library will be closed Saturday, June 11. ‘Ewa Beach, Kahuku, and the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled will also be closed on Friday, June 10.
- The COVID-19 Response Line, (808) 768-2489, will be closed.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS
- Free on-street parking, excluding the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and other streets. See the full list here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through the three-day weekend.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.