What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu for Thanksgiving Day
Here’s your guide to which Honolulu City and County services will be available or suspended in observance of Thanksgiving Day on Nov. 24.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for routes and other information.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
CLOSED OR CANCELED SERVICES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- All public libraries will be closed.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.