What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu for Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2021
Your guide to which Honolulu City and County services will be available or suspended in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Jan. 18, 2021
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information.
- The parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
Closed and Canceled
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and driver’s licensing offices will be closed.
- Hawaiʻi State Public Library branches will be closed. You can see the holiday schedule here.
Traffic and Parking
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
- Parking in Lanikai will be restricted over the three-day holiday weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.