What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu for Independence Day 2022
Your guide to which Honolulu City and County services will be available or suspended in observance of Independence Day on July 4, 2022.
The Fourth of July is on a Monday this year.
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses and botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- The COVID-19 Response Line, (808) 768-2489, will be closed.
- All branches of the Hawai‘i State Public Library System will be closed Saturday, July 2, through Monday, July 4. The ‘Aiea, Hawai‘i Kai and Makawao branches will have special hours on Friday, July 1.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.