What’s Open and Closed on Presidents Day in Hawai‘i
State, federal, city, county offices are closed Monday, Feb. 21, 2022, in observance of Presidents Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Saturday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information.
- Parks, municipal golf courses and botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open. honolulu.gov/opala
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
Closed and Canceled
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- Hawaiʻi State Public Library branches will be closed Saturday through Monday. Those normally closed on Fridays (‘Aiea, Hawai‘i Kai and Makawao) will be open Feb. 18. You can see the holiday schedule here.
Traffic and Parking
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and meters on certain Waikīkī streets.
- Parking in Lanikai will be restricted over the three-day holiday weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.