What’s Open and Closed on Presidents Day in Hawai‘i
State, federal, city, county offices are closed Monday, Feb. 15, 2021, in observance of Presidents Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Saturday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information.
- The parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
Closed and Canceled
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and driver’s licensing offices will be closed.
- Hawaiʻi State Public Library branches will be closed Saturday through Monday. You can see the holiday schedule here.
Traffic and Parking
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Parking in Lanikai will be restricted over the three-day holiday weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.