What’s Open and Closed in Honolulu for Christmas 2020
Your guide to which services will be suspended and mall hours on Friday, Dec. 25, 2020.
We’ve rounded up a list of what will be closed, from city services to malls, on Christmas Day.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. For route and schedule information, visit thebus.org.
- The Pali and West Loch golf courses will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for 18-hole play and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for 9-hole play. Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed or Canceled
- Refuse will not be collected. For homes with the green, recycle and refuse pickup bins, collection will occur during the next two days. Leave your gray refuse bin at the curb but hold on to your green waste and recyclables until the next regularly scheduled pickup. People with manual pickup twice a week will need to wait until the next regularly scheduled pickup. See more information, including how to dispose of live Christmas trees, at opala.org.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed.
- Ala Wai, ʻEwa Villages and Ted Makalena Golf Courses will be closed.
- The Honolulu Botanical Gardens and Honolulu Zoo will be closed.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve will be closed.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and drivers licensing centers will be closed.
- All branches of the Hawaiʻi State Public Library will be closed Friday, Dec. 25 through Sunday, Dec. 27.
- Ala Moana Center, Kāhala Mall, Ka Makana Aliʻi, Pearlridge Center and Windward Mall will be closed. International Market Place and Royal Hawaiian Center will be open.
Traffic and Parking
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and meters on certain streets including sections of Kapahulu Avenue and McCully Street. See the full list here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Sunday.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.