HONOLULU Family Easter Recipe: Colorful, Layered Springtime Treats
Your go-to Rice Krispie Treats make a colorful statement this spring.
Take your tried-and-true Rice Krispie Treats up four levels with fun springtime colors! And use sturdy, metal cookie cutters the shape of shakas, ukuleles, surfboards and more for a sweet local touch.
Ingredients and Supplies
- 12+ cups Rice Krispie cereal, divided into 4 (3+ cups each)
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows, divided into 4 (2 cups each)
- 6 T. butter, divided into 4 (1 1/2 tablespoons each)
- Food coloring in magenta pink, teal blue, yellow and purple
- Large saucepan
- 9×13″ pan
- Parchment paper
- Lollipop sticks (optional)
- Melt 1 1/2 T. butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add 2 cups mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add 2 to 4 drops of teal blue and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 cups Rice Krispie cereal.
- Gently stir until all coated. (For crispier treats, add up to 1 more cup of cereal by 1/4 cup increments until you’ve reached your desired consistency.)
- Pour into parchment-lined 9×13″ pan and spread evenly using a spatula and pressing down with parchment paper.
- Repeat the process above three more times for each color layering onto teal blue in pan. (Purple is next, then magenta pink and yellow.)
- When cooled and ready to cut, remove from pan and move to large cutting board.
- Use a long serrated knife to trim off any uneven edges, then cut down to desired serving size or cut 1/2-inch thick blocks and cut out shapes using a greased, metal cookie cutter.
- You can use lollipop sticks and display, or place in clear favor bags, tie with twine and add a tag or sticker to customize.
Order HONOLULU Family’s Surprise Easter Bunny Box here!
Looking for more Easter Fun? Check our Easter Corner for a roundup of events and activities, at-home craft ideas and even virtual storytimes!