Explore wines from California and France
Every Monday at Brasserie Du Vin, Chef Scott Nelson and Sommelier Tiana Kahakauwila team up to present a three-course meal, pairing seasonally prepared dishes with wines by the glass. The dinners cost $49 per person (plus tax and gratuity). No menu substitutions. Limited seating starts at 6:00 p.m. in the Cask Room. Reservations are required.
Photo: Courtesy of Du Vin
On Monday, March 23rd, Du Vin will present Classic California Wines. Here’s a look at the menu:
- New Zealand oysters poached in pernod cream with Chantrelle mushroom potato salad paired with Qupe Chardonnay 2006, Santa Maria Valley
- French onion soup paired with St. Supery Virtú Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc 2005, Napa
- Grilled quail with roasted carrots and figs paired with Saintsbury Pinot Noir 2006, Carneros
Then on March 30, 2009, Du Vin presents French Finds. Enoy pairing these selections:
- Butternut squash and roasted banana soup with apple-smoked bacon and spiced pistachios paired with Louis-Jadot Pinot Noir 2006, Burgundy
- Crisped skin Tai snapper with petit dumplings with a fresh herb, caper and lemon brown butter sauce paired with Chateau Bonnet Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon 2007, Bordeaux
- Coq au Vin with spring vegetables and confit of Yukon gold potatoes paired with Daniel Chaveau Chinon 2005, Loire Valley
Plus… while limited supplies last, Du Vin is offering Quebec’s Unibroue beer at special prices ($5 for regular bottles and $10 for large bottles).
Sessions at Du Vin is a weekly live showcase for Hawaii’s jazz musicians presented every Wednesday at 7 p.m. For the first time at Du Vin, on March 25 enjoy the sounds of Jasmine and Marlene Jones Skurta.
To find out what’s coming up, visit: Sessions.
Call 808-545-1115 to reserve your table.