Weekend Picks - The Pop-Up Boutique Edition
One Pop Shopping
What: You’re already planning outfits around those new “must have” dresses, purses, bikinis, and jewelry you spotted in Lei Chic this week. And there’s no way you’ll pass up on that 20 percent off discount card, even without seeing the list of boutiques you’ll want to visit (it’s coming tomorrow, don’t worry!) But you do have a few questions left about the Lei Chic Mercedes Benz Pop-Up Boutique besides “when is payday?” Here’s what you need to know.
Where: do we go?
• The Mercedes Benz of Honolulu Showroom is at 818 Kapiolani Blvd. just one block Ewa of Ward Ave just before the large paid parking lot.
• Carpooling is the way to go. There will be limited parking at Mercedes Benz. Or park at the Galerie, Imperial Plaza at 725 Kapiolani Blvd. and stop by A Little Bit of Everything for a parking validation good for three hours (and we bet you'll find another special item to take home in Valerie's shop!) ALBOE is open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Street parking on Kapiolani Boulevard is free after 6:30 p.m. Friday. There are also metered spaces on Cooke Street that are free after 5:30 p.m. and all day Saturday; metered spaces on Ward Avenue are free after 6 p.m. Paid public parking is available at the Honolulu Club on Ward Avenue.
When: do we eat (and more importantly, drink)?
• The Boutique is open 4 – 8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday.
• The mixologists of Imbibe Hawaii have been doing what they do best; shaking up some custom cocktails just for our Lei Chic shoppers. Bolstered by bottles of lemongrass ginger and young coconut shochu gifted by Kai Vodka, they’ve concocted fruity and zesty drinks for Friday's pau hana, a before-noon suitable sip for Saturday morning, and others. Fair warning - IDs will be checked.
• Friday night, Let Them Eat Cupcakes offers you their small-kid time-reminiscent push pops filled with adult-delish cake flavors red velvet and a Lei Chic Boutique special, Lemon Ginger Crush. Michi Harris of Cooking Fresh for You will give you something to savor with her home cooked pupus.
• Saturday, a pair of Hale Aina award winners serve up specialties. Shokudo will provide delectable bites of its tasty Japanese dishes. Finish it off with a mini version of Chef JJ Luangkhot’s signature chocolate pyramid (you’ll have time after the boutique closes to get the full-sized version at JJ’s Bistro & French Pastry or Le Cacao Bistro, or to hit Shokudo's popular bar).
Other Details: The admission fee is $5. The following advice, is priceless.
• Want to skip the dressing room rush? Go New York sample sale style and don leggings and a cami under your outfit so you can slip on some items without undressing.
• Several of our designers will accept credit cards. So feel free to push the plastic but bring cash and checks to cover those impulse buys.
• See something you ALMOST love? Remember, those are the designers manning each booth so feel free to inquire about custom requests.
• Don't forget about your 20 percent off shopping pass that goes into effect tomorrow. We’ll have a few sitting areas complete with laptops linked to those stores websites and facebook pages so you can start sorting through buys right away (one boutique is even launching its online store tomorrow. Again, we’ll have those details in your inbox in the morning).
Click here for more on the big event including the lists of all discounts being offered by designers in the Pop-Up Boutique.
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 in Permalink