7 Surf Suits to Keep Your Summer Swell
Functional sleeved suits, made cool with a splash of sass.
e’re terrible singers, awful at wooing men to their doom and can’t stand the thought of eating lobster (whole or otherwise). Other than that, though, we’re totally mermaids at heart. (We’re also hoarders, in case you needed more convincing.)
So we are thanking our lucky starfish that summer is almost here and we’re about to start living at the beach again, aka our natural home. This year, to mix up the sun-bathing and swimming a bit, we have a new goal: Learn to surf.
The first step? A whole new wardrobe of surf suits. And, because designers have really been bringing their A-games with pretty, sassy, sexy styles on sleeved, full-coverage creations, we’ll be looking pretty swell for the next few months.
This is one wave we’re happy to ride.
Photo: Courtesy of Acacia Swimwear
1. Gingham’s having a moment, so donning this retro Acacia number at the beach is a sure winner. This style also comes in the brand’s gorgeous purple-and-black floral print we’ve been seeing everywhere. $246, revolve.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Mara Hoffman
2. It was love at first sight when we spied this unbearably pretty Mara Hoffman suit, complete with comfy half sleeves and a dainty floral print we want to live in. $280, shopbop.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Benoa Swimwear
3. Full-body gets a dose of sex appeal with generous swaths of mesh inserts on this futuristic-looking Benoa number. $150, benoaswim.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Cynthia Rowley
4. Super sturdy wetsuit construction, pockets here and there to keep your hands free and mind at ease, boyshort bottoms to keep everything, er, in place, and sunny geometric colorblocking—need we say more about this Cynthia Rowley stunner? $235, anthropologie.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF Issa De' Mar
5. An eye-catching cutout detail with sultry straps running down the side really sets this Issa de’ Mar suit apart—but we’ll take it for that watery pebble print. $180, issademar.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF The Seea
6. Australian brand Seea’s surf suits are always scene-stealers, and this one is a perennial favorite, with a sweetheart neckline, flattering colorblocking, print layering and faux texturing. So cute, you’ll want to wear it even when you’re not at the beach. $135, theseea.com.
PHOTO: COURTESY OF J.Crew
7. The frisky palm print on this J.Crew suit says “active with a dash of Island whimsy,” while the sturdy zipper and full-coverage bottoms say “no nonsense.” $125, jcrew.com.