8 Chocolate Beauty Products for Easter
Skip the chocolate bunny and shake up your fashionista’s basket with these cocoa-derived scrubs and soaps.
It’s Easter morning and you’re easing open your bedroom door, sneaking down the stairs and getting ready to filch some sweet chocolate treats from the goody-filled basket left by your favorite bunny. You inhale that rich cocoa goodness, snag a hefty handful and … smear it on your face?
Call off the taste buds, because the chocolate bars you’re fixing to feast your eyes upon aren’t found in the cook’s room—they’re found in the powder room. From exfoliating scrubs to moisturizing soaps, you’ll get a serious sugar rush from these bath and beauty products sans the crash. And, instead of clogging your complexion, they’ll clear it up. Sweet, right?
Just call us cuckoo for cocoa stuff.
1. Kaua‘i-based ‘Ili Scrub’s latest creation, coconut cacao coffee scrub, is made with raw cacao and packs all of your favorite flavors into one fierce, free-radical-fighting, age-defying exfoliator. $22, iliscrub.com.
2. Hawaiian cacao and coffee pair up again—with an extra dash of goodness from Tongan vanilla—in this silky, handmade and -poured lip balm from Indigo Elixirs. $9 for a 0.5-ounce tin, indigoelixirs.com.
3. Give your skin its just desserts with Bubble Shack Hawai‘i’s Chocolate Malassada Soap, which is coated with a golden-brown cinnamon layer and has a marbled chocolate interior. Just try not to eat it. $5.99, bubbleshackhawaii.com.
4. Cooling mint meets indulgent chocolate? Yes, please. Hawaiian Bath and Body Works’ treat of a bar is made from organic cocoa powder, cocoa butter, peppermint essential oil and kukui nut oil. $6.25, hawaiianbathbody.com.
5. The power and sweet smell of cacao, along with turmeric, guava, clay, hibiscus and charcoal, are in the concentrated weekly Pele Mask treatment, which is designed to give your face a healthy, natural glow. $60, mahalo.care.
6. Maui Soap Company’s eye-catching, glycerin-based Island Java Hawaiian Soap has a luscious mix of chocolate, coffee, moisturizing coconut and palm oil, and is made without phthalates. $7.99, mauibath.com.
7. This ultra-elegant jar of Cocoa Body Exfoliant from Fresh has a velvety cocoa-butter-derived texture and a generous dash of pleasure-inducing cocoa extract. $45, Sephora, Ala Moana Center.
8. Ever want to take a bath in chocolate? We know we do. Toss the zesty Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon from Lush into your tub for a citrusy, shea-butter-infused bubble bath experience. $7.95, Lush, Ala Moana Center.