Seeing Green: 8 Stylish Picks for St. Paddy's Day
You'll look so cute, people will be green with envy.
It’s the luckiest time ‘o the year again, when redheads finally rule and beer runs green. While we love a pop of color in our pint, when it comes to fashion, going forest from head-to-toe is a bit of a faux pas. Leprechauns: We love you guys, but your sense of style could use some work.
Branch out with a range of shades that hits up every green in the rainbow—from mint to olive to emerald—and you’re sure to hit gold. Lucky for you, we did the work for you, with a round-up of our favorite pieces in these festive hues.
We’re total saints, we know.
1. Can’t stand girly pastels or cartoon-caliber greens? Rough it up with this utility twill Topshop shirtdress, which still totally fits the dress-color-code criteria. $75, Nordstrom, Ala Moana Center
2. Fun and flirty, in an attention-getting neon shade, you’ll want to keep your bottoms high-waisted with this American Apparel crop top. Best to avoid being one of those bare-beer-bellied revelers. $22, store.americanapparel.net
3. We’re not saying you should use this roomy, striped Kate Spade bag to tote your Jameson-filled flasks around. We’re not saying that at all. $148, katespade.com
4. The fresh-as-can-be mint shade of this Essie polish will spring right into Easter ensembles with ease. $8.49, Target, 4380 Lawehana St Honolulu HI 96818-3137,
5. Just because you’ll be binging on Scotch eggs and downing black-and-tans all night, doesn’t mean you need to dress like you’re at a frat party. This romantic off-the-shoulder maxi dress has a gorgeous, deep mossy tone and is totally feminine. $220, bamboosky.com
6. You’re so busy trying to pair your one avocado-colored tank top with your only pair of hunter pants that you neglect the serious task of accessorizing. We love the boho feel of this statement necklace, which we’d wear any day of the year—St. Paddy’s Day or not. $38, urbanoutfitters.com
7. Neon on your body? Fun (sometimes). Neon on your eyes? A little cray. Go more subtle with this trio of deep, earth-toned Smashbox eyeshadows, which includes the requisite fern hue. $28, Sephora, Ala Moana Center
8. Ulp. You forgot to wash clothes and everything vaguely in-shade is at the bottom of the hamper. Don’t stress: Toss this floral kimono over your outfit for an instant pop of color that you’ll be able to wear long into summer. $78, shophomecoming.com