Style and Stripes
Red, white and blue fashion inspiration for July 4th
From watching the firecrackers to firing up the barbecues, you’ve got a whole weekend of Independence Day shindigs to gussy up for. But how will you rep your country’s stripes without looking like a biker from the land of fashion faux pas? (We love Duck Dynasty as much as anyone, but those bandanas are so not OK north of the Mason-Dixon or west of Texas.)
Instead, dress in these stylish red, white and blue pieces. They're super cute—and they won’t flag down the fashion police.
We can pledge allegiance to that.
1. A cheery cerulean print makes this fun jumper pop. Blue tribal romper, $39.50 at Quiksilver Board Room, Kahala Mall, 596-2773.
2. Sexy scarlet is the perfect shade for these siren heels. Red cage pumps, $120 at Homecoming, 12 South King St., Suite 104., 536-6000.
3. It's clean and white hot. Plus, it goes with everything and is perfect for summer. Formula X nail polish in White Matter, $10.50 at Sephora, Ala Moana Center, 944-9797.
4. A tropical design in serene blue makes beach day accessorizing a breeze. Heather Brown clutch, $68 at To The Sea, 345 Royal Hawaiian Ave., 922-4776.
5. Two red hues give an already-whimsical block necklace a playful feel. Red statement necklace, $33 at Kate Spade Saturday, Ala Moana Center, 956-1092.
6. So pretty and uber casual, this layered romper can go from day to night. Chiffon romper, $49 at Cinnamon Girl, Kahala Mall, 737-9425.