12 Gifts That Will Strike Gold With Your Girl
Trust us. We’ve been girls a long time.
We’ve come a long way from those years spent begging Santa for Barbie movie-drive-in playsets (which we never got, by the way, Mr. Kringle). But that doesn’t mean us grown-up ladies aren’t still looking forward to some stylish stocking stuffers to go alongside our warm-and-fuzzy family time and holiday cheer. Maria knew what was what when she sang about packages wrapped up in string being a few of our favorite things.
We also know we’re not always easy nuts to crack, so we’ll make it simple for you: Err on the side of cute, chic and comfy when stalking swag for under the tree, and scope out our wish list winners right here. We don’t expect you to know all the latest trends (you’re still baffled by the “cold shoulder” shirt, after all), but we simpy can’t forgive a faux-pas present.
Well … maybe we could be assuaged with the right amount of eggnog. But why take that chance?
1. These comfy-looking Machine Machine house slippers are what our 2017 Sundays need. Lounge heaven, here we come. $62, machinemachineapparel.com.
2. We’re already nuts for the soft tropical scents of the beautifully packaged Makana Candles, and this year the team upped the ante with luscious reed diffusers, perfect for giving the lady in your life’s living space a delightful dash of freshness. $46, makanastudios.com.
3. It’s always a good idea to go custom, especially when it looks as luxe as these By Chari necklaces. We love the unexpected bunting style of how the letters hang on the chain. Go classic with your gal’s name, or try out a meaningful word. Maybe “Aloha,” “Create” or “YOLO.” (Just kidding, don’t pick that last one.) $245–$560, bychari.com.
4. Shoutout to the bicycle gals! Staying pretty while peddling is always a challenge, especially when your bulky purse keeps trying to sabotage you. We love this unique, eye-catching backpack from Manaola for our on-the-go lifestyle. $285, manaolahawaii.com.
5. It’s finally boot season, and we want to get the most out of it. Current obsession? These embroidered floral ankle-height numbers that are ultra-statement-making. Score major points with your boho babe by plopping these under the tree. $160, available to order at Neiman Marcus, Ala Moana Center.
6. New year, new schedule, new opportunity for some dang cute stationery. Weekly notepad calendars changed our lives a few years ago and we’ve never looked back. Super handy, versatile, doubles as desktop décor? Talk about a win. $12, Pen and Pillar Etsy shop.
7. ’Tis the season to bring on the bling! Finding this edgy stunner of a ring by B.D’Angelo, which has a wintry blue sapphire and a teeny anvil, in our stocking would make for one very happy holiday. $280, bdangelo.com.
8. Home is where the heart is, which is why we put so much care into ours. Help her keep her abode warm and colorful and pick up one of these vibrant Cassandra Rull photography pillows, which feature dramatic palm tree imagery and a perky pom-pom lining. $50, shopcassandrarull.com.
9. Can you imagine the enchanting forest-themed dinner parties she’ll throw with these darling little dessert plates? We say they’re absolutely perfect for party-, food- and dishware-loving ladies. So, all of us? $16 each, Anthropologie, 2330 Kalākaua Ave.
10. The soft blue fringes and folksy stitching on this kaftan caught our eye, but what really clinched it? Imagining lounging beachside in such a breezy, comfy creation. $118, Guava Shop, 66-111 Kamehameha Highway, #204, Hale‘iwa.
11. Holiday parties mean holiday dresses. Christmas may be over once she unwraps this baby we’ve been lusting over, but there’s still New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day … and basically every day in 2017, because she’ll want to be in this red-hot lace maxi 24/7. $72, House of Aria, 1140 Bethel St.
12. Keep it sweet with this stocking stuffer that will make your lady’s eyes light up: rosé candies. Luxe candy shop Sugarfina really knows what we like, with an entire collection dedicated to this prettiest-of-all-wines, including rosette-shaped rosé gummies! Be still, our hearts. $8.50–$20, Sugarfina, International Market Place.