5 Stylish Picks From New Boutique MORI
MORI's Aly Ishikuni shares her favorite pieces.
If these walls could talk, they'd probably whine about how they’re sick of being doused in dull, drab colors and the harsh glow of computer screens. What scrooges.
The walls at the new Ward Village-based boutique MORI, created by the team behind Art and Flea, are much cheerier conversationalists. Probably because they get to share close quarters with a gorgeous gallery of shoppable chicness curated by stylist and MORI mastermind Aly Ishikuni.
Ishikuni and her team are going hard and going home with MORI, which will serve as the brick-and-mortar homebase for all things Art and Flea: Think shopping events, exclusive pieces from Hawai‘i designers, workshops and more. We love the sleek interior of this mad-cool house, which has rich wood furniture, contemporary art installations and a roundup of seriously stylish brands on display. Some of Ishikuni’s personal picks from the lot? These five pieces from local designers, which make us want to raise the roof.
1. This sweet, striped Soriya bralette top will keep you cute and comfy while you lounge on the beach. “Soriya swimsuits are adorable and perfect for hot, Hawai‘i beach days!” Ishikuni says. “They come in a variety of colors and prints and fit like a dream." $22.
2. It may look good enough to eat, but don't try to put this yummy-colored pink, white and blue HonHi necklace in your mouth."I've always been (and always will be) a fan of HonHi's work. [HonHi designer Melyssa Davan-Takenouchi’s] latest designs remind me of two of my favorite things: Japanese candy and J-pop. I'm a sucker for geometric shapes and neon pop colors." $18.
3. How adorable are these jellyfish-inspired Luna Amante planters? "The mini gardens are whimsical and always beautifully arranged with a variety of succulents and cacti, shells, precious stones, crystals and handmade ceramic figurines. If you struggle to keep plants alive (like me!), succulents are always a good choice.”$45.
4. We are loving these new Moon Collective mugs with the classic crescent icon. "Any designer/artist inspired by space and psychedelic art will always be in my book of favorites." And don't miss the Moon Collective Winter '14 release party at MORI this Saturday, from 6–10 p.m. $25.
5. We definitely want to throw this 99stitches "pineapple of my eye" piece into a few of our friends' stockings this year. "Definitely not your typical stitch patterns made by your grandmother … 99stitches is cute, quirky, clever and always full of humor." $7.
Mori, Ward Village Shops, near The Face Shop. Visit the Mori Instagram for more updates.