Local One-Piece Suits for All Your Summer Lounging Needs
The one piece to complete our puzzle.
Maybe it’s the hot summer nights giving off lovey dovey vibes, or maybe it’s the sweltering summer days making you too lazy to bother swiping right on a million profiles. In any event, you’re feeling majorly monogamous at the moment. You could use a little one-on-one time, if you know what we mean.
We haven’t yet cracked the code to finding your romantic one-and-only, but we do have a singular idea for your swimsuit rotation that we think will make you want to commit: maillots, aka the ever-faithful one-piece. Not only are these babies ultra-elegant, they’re also super convenient (because who likes digging through your closet for missing bottoms?) and have been creeping back onto summer’s fashion scene in a range of chic ways. We’re spotting both sexy, modern cuts that leave a little something to the imagination, as well as modest, vintage-inspired iterations that are the perfect stylish throwback. Oh, and looking to shop local? Hawai‘i designers are feeling some major maillot love at the moment and you’ll want to swipe right on all of them.
The only problem? Settling on one.
1. Wired Acacia heliconia-print one-piece. ’Cause every girl could use a poppy, tropical print and a little extra support. $169.60, thegirlandthewater.com.
2. Tori Praver Rosarito one-piece. We’re loving that unexpected racerback cut. And, HEY, girls looking for a suit that actually covers your tush: Here it is! $165, toripraverswimwear.com.
3. Letarte Dusty navy one-piece. Talk about flash from the cute-AF past! Flirty ties and a sea-worthy color scheme make this nautical-inspired lace-up a winner. $225, letarteswimwear.com.
4. Elle Mer South Point one-piece. Adjustable straps, mesh midriff, sporty neckline? This functional number is an athletic gal’s beachy dream. $85, ellemerswim.com.
5. Gina one-piece in lilac velvet. Who says body suits can’t be sexy? Deep cuts are the name of the game with this dreamy lilac velvet backless suit, with waist-high legs holes, ultra-low arm pukas and a generous scoop neck. $95, mojobeebee.com.
6. Cami and Jax Savannah one-piece in palm print. We’re (obviously) suckers for a good palm print, and we love the sultry strappy details on this peekaboo piece. $240, camiandjax.com.
7. S.tory Standards Uno one-piece in cabernet. Perfectly understated, this take on the strapless top sports a restrained, elegant front and complex back details—plus, that deep wine color is everything. $74, storystandards.com.
8. Issa de’ Mar Makena surf suit. These full coverage sleeves say watersporting-business, but those side slits and festive banana leaf print say YOLO beach party. Consider us hooked. $180, shop.issademar.com.
9. Tiffany Chou Freediver one-piece in raspberry rhubarb. You’ll need a second glance to catch the subtle mesh panel, but with an eye-popping color like this bright red, you’ll be sure to get it. $92, tiffanychou.com.
10. Rivier one-piece in white. What maillot roundup is complete without white, aka our summer uniform color? This retro one sasses it up with a modest, loose fit and plunge halter neckline. $198, gilliaclothing.com.