8 Golden Ways to Show You’re A Style Winner
Not that we don’t love a good silver or bronze shade, too.
From Michael Phelps getting his gazillionth gold in swimming to Andy Murray becoming the first person to ever score a second gold for the tennis singles title (and becoming an internet favorite for his boss fact-checking), we’ve got all that glitters on the mind.
Unfortunately, we missed that training window of us becoming physically fierce enough to have a chance at scoring Olympic bling (we estimate that happened somewhere around 7 years old). We can, however, place first in the chic department with these sassy yellow and gold style selections from local designers and boutiques that are worth carrying a torch for.
Let the fashionable games begin.
1. Having this ByChari Golden Disc necklace is basically like wearing a string of teeny gold medals around your neck, so you know we’re on board. $80, bychari.com.
2. Peeking through the Quay Eyewear mirrored sunnies will give you a gold-tinted perspective on the world. $45, shophomecominghonolulu.com.
3. All winners have a posse to back them. Send them notes of thanks with our favorite, the ultra-elegant Bradley and Lily gold-foil coral notecard. $4 each or $12 for six, South Shore Paperie, 1016 Kapahulu Ave.
4. Just the right mix of throwback ’90s style and on-trend metallics, this sexy knit tank is your nighttime ensemble answer. $46, bamboosky.com.
5. Don’t let the bling blind you—stay shaded with this Rebecca Beach Monstera gold-foil hat. $30, Rebecca Beach, shop.rebeccabeach.com.
6. Yellow sparks fly on this dress, which combines the winning color with a fiery print worthy of the Olympic torch. Language of the Birds firework-printed dress, $350, ofthebirds.com.
7. Think of this delicate Myte New York necklace as the trendy, wearable version of the Games’ iconic, interlocking rings motif. $108, mytenyc.com.
8. Need something to carry all your medals in? The Jana Lam cosmetic clutch may be a little small for that, but it’s got an edgy black-and-gold scheme and gold zipper you won't want to pass up. $70, Jana Lam Etsy shop.