Celebrate Shark Week with local jewelry and sales
Snatch of the Day
Shark Week certainly had its share of fin-tastic moments:
- Discovery Channel made a splash with its fake Megalodon documentary.
- A dead shark surprised many New York subway riders.
- Shark Cat returned to YouTube (this time, without the duck).
Though this epic week is coming to a close, your celebration of all things shark-related doesn't have to. Here are some Jaws-dropping local finds and sales you can still sink your teeth into.
1. Cottage by the Sea: 50 percent off gold-dipped or sterling silver shark tooth earrings (now $34 and $30 respectively) today only with more Shark-Week-related sales throughout the weekend. Ward Warehouse, (808) 591-9811.
2. Owens & Co.: Limited-edition shark tooth Samudra tees, $52, and fluorescent zip pouches, $40. 1152 Nuuanu Ave., (808) 531-4300.
3. ki-ele: 10 percent off all shark tooth earrings, bangles, and necklaces online with the code kielejaws10 through tomorrow.
4. La Muse: 10 percent off all shark tooth jewelry, including Deszo and Gabriela Artigas necklaces featured, through Saturday, August 17. 1156 Nuuanu Ave., (808) 536-0818.
5. ByChari Jewelry: Exclusive! $10 off all neon shark tooth necklaces online with the code LCSW10 through Saturday, August 24. [details]
6. Rockabella Jewels: Shark tooth gold vermeil stud earrings, $65, and gold-dipped necklace, $80, available here and here.
7. FM Boutique: 20 percent off all blue items through Sunday. 1185 Bethel St., (808) 537-1115.
8. Sugarcane Shop: Jewels of the Beach shark tooth earrings handmade on the Big Island, $38. 1137 11th Ave., (808) 739-2263.