Trend Alert: 9 Ways to Bring Out the Blush For Spring
Is this soft, blooming shade perfect for the season or what?
We don’t mean to embarrass you, but we’re trying to make you blush.
Blush up your wardrobe, that is. This season everything’s coming up roses, which means we can’t help but think pink, from the softest blossom-y pigment, to palettes with a punch of peach. But the benefit of this feminine pick that’s really got us flushed with excitement? The pretty pastel plays well with texture, so mixing statement-making fabrics and metallics is not only allowed, it’s encouraged.
Just tell people you really rose to the occasion.
Photo: courtesy of keani jewelry
1. We can’t get enough of unique, bold rings right now, and the way this rose-gold-plated, puka-shell-inspired piece by Keani Jewelry is stackable and versatile absolutely won us over. $60, keanijewelry.com.
Photo: courtesy of bloomingdale's
2. The collection of sassy, not-your-P.E.-teacher’s-sneakers in our closet has been seriously growing. These sneakers get a fun flair from a fluffy pink pom-pom—plus the comfort factor is off the charts. $100, bloomingdales.com.
Photo: courtesy of Roberta Oaks
3. We are crushing hard on the fun fringes that make this versatile leather purse (in just the right size) a day-to-night winner. $250, Roberta Oaks, 19 N. Pauahi St.
Photo: Courtesy of Roam Hawai‘i
4. You’re going to want to live in these lounge-able, retro sweatshorts, which sport a muted rose shade and get really cheeky with some vintage-style lettering. $45, roamhawaii.com.
Photo: Courtesy of a.Wattz dezigns
5. Tassels are always a good idea. This a.wattz dezigns bracelet goes for a complement of black and white beads to make the flirty ballet-pink baby tassels really pop. $35, awattzdezigns.com.
Photo: courtesy of posh pua
6. Because bikini season is here, you’ll need to start stocking up. This strappy number from Posh Pua has a structure that says “no nonsense lady,” but a shade that says “girls just wanna have fun.” We’re a little of both. $90, poshpua.com.
Photo: Courtesy of Guava Shop
7. Hello, spring maxi of our dreams. Can we just wear this strapless column until August? $172, Guava Shop, 66-111 Kamehameha Highway, Hale‘iwa.
Photo: Courtesy of Pualani Soap
8. Pucker up with this perfectly natural-looking, tantalizingly tinted, luscious-smelling Pualani Soap peppermint-and-tangerine lip balm. It’s subtle enough for the beach, but moisturizing enough for the city. $5, pualanisoaphawaii.com.
Photo: Courtesy of Nordstrom
9. Maybe the spring weather has got us feeling too lazy to strap ourselves into a fitted, tailored outfit, but slip dresses are our jam right now. Getting dressed couldn’t be easier, plus, the lingerie-inspired silhouette oozes an effortless sensuousness that your bandage dress can’t even dream of. $45, nordstrom.com.