8 Beauty Products That Will Keep You Feeling Fresh
Time to switch up your clean routine.
The spare bedroom that looks like 10 closets exploded inside.
That white shag rug that looks like a soccer team trampled all over it.
Your car trunk, which is probably hiding five pairs of mysteriously vanished shoes.
There’s a lot on your spring cleaning list right now. While we don’t want to play favorites (and, seriously, you really do need to do something about that shag rug), we’d like to suggest you push a little something to the top priority spot: your skin.
Now that the sun’s over its winter blues and officially out and about—and your skin isn’t getting any younger—there’s no time like the present to reevaluate your beauty routine. Clean out that bathroom cabinet with some of these fresh products that we’ll be stocking up on this year, from sunscreens and cleansers to washes and soaps.
I guess we do want some scrubs after all.
1. The brand Lush nails the all-natural beauty game again with its wonderfully sensitive, fabulously fresh-feeling Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, which is reputedly based off a medieval recipe. $13.95, Lush, Ala Moana Center.
2. Impress your house guests by adorning your bathroom with these firm, chunky bars, which release a luxurious coat of lather and smell of heavenly botanicals. $16.50, Mālie, Royal Hawaiian Hotel, 2259 Kalākaua Ave.
3. We’re nuts about the spunky design of this Umbra Sheer Physical Defense sunscreen by Drunk Elephant, plus the fact that it comes packed with antioxidants and a whole lotta all-natural ingredients, including raspberry seed oil, grape juice extract and sunflower shoot extract. $38, Sephora, Ala Moana Center.
4. Clean and scrub in one get-go with the adorable Bubble Shack Hawai‘i loofah lather, a vine-grown loofah sponge combined with tropically scented glycerine soap. $6.25, bubbleshackhawaii.com.
5. Local brand Natural Aloha makes this body scrub from homegrown, hand-grated ‘olena, or Hawaiian turmeric, which is known to soothe aching muscles. $18, natural-aloha.com.
6. The brand Lush nails the all-natural beauty game again with its wonderfully sensitive, fabulously fresh-feeling Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, which is reputedly based off a medieval recipe. $13.95, Lush, Ala Moana Center.
6. The sight of the pretty cork-and-glass jar of Benefit Cosmetics total moisture facial crème on your vanity is enough of a selling point, but the creamy, delicate formula and soft, clean scent doesn’t hurt, either. $42, Sephora, 2250 Kalākaua Ave.
7. Add these hearty little Bobbi Brown buffing grains to your cream cleanser for an ultra-intense exfoliation that we’re totally obsessed with. $44, bobbibrowncosmetics.com.
8. Handmade on the Windward Side with lavender, coconut oil and ylang ylang, this moisturizing body butter is perfect for combatting dryness and maintaining skin elasticity. $15, mamalani.com.