Local designers know that when black and gold kaleid, sparks fly. Keep these shining styles on hand and you'll be the bright of the party.
By Stacey Makiya
Photo: David Croxford
1. Designer Katrina Cordova’s penchant for pairing semi-precious stones with mixed metals and charms gives her pieces an eclectic, one-of-a-kind feel. Solona leather wrap bracelet, $130, Dolce, Ward Centers, 808-596-9436.
2. Misa Hamamoto’s timeless jewelry is influenced by the Island’s breathtaking landscapes. Fourteen-karat-gold-plated shell pendant, $275, Riches Kahala, Kahala Mall, 808-737-3303.
3 & 4. Along with stunning pearl-dotted styles, Tahiti Pearl Market crafts statement-making gemstone pieces. Onyx and gold-plated drop earrings, $185, labradorite and gold-plated ring, $225, Waikiki Shopping Plaza, 808-922-8881.
5. Classic in style, Pure Joy Adornments’ pieces often feature intricate beading. Pyrite and onyx earrings, $140, Super Citizen,Kahala Mall, 808-599-4333.
6. Natto Lee’s glam-rock aesthetic takes edginess in the right direction. Gold-plated arrowhead necklace, $160, Dolce, Ward Centers, 808-596-9436.
7. New to the scene, Iratik’s city-chic designs transform hard acrylic into abstract shapes reminiscent of the 80s. Deep-V acrylic earrings, $30, iKandy Shop, 98-027 Hekaha St. Suite 111.