2018 Top Doctors: Gregory K. Yim, M.D., LLC
Local Boy Who Brought It Back Home
We hear about the “Brain Drain” all the time. But, Greg is a story about a local boy, born and raised in Kaneohe, who returned back to his home town roots to give back to his community for the past 25 years. He is the “Kama’aina Brain,” rather than the “Brain Drain,” who drives to Kaneohe every day and is grateful to serve his town with a big smile. He exemplifies the reason why our local children are given the best education that they can get here in the islands, so they come back home after advanced education away to give back to our community.
Greg IS A LOCAL BLEND
1. He has been a trustee at Punahou School since 2014, guiding excellence in education for students to strive for their best. He has also been the Board Chairman for over 10 years of the Variety School, encouraging children with the Autistic Spectrum Disorders and other Learning Differences to reach for their potential.
2. He wears scrubs, golf shoes and goofy socks in the morning, tending to young patients at Windward Pediatrics in Kaneohe. Then in the afternoon, he changes to a tie and white coat (but still wears his goofy socks) at Kapi‘olani Medical Center where he specializes in Pediatric Neurology.
3. He was born and raised in the country, Kaneohe, but traveled every day to the city for 13 years over the Pali to attend Punahou School in Manoa.
4. He trained in General Pediatrics in Honolulu at Kapi‘olani Medical Center but traveled all the way to the East Coast to New York City at Columbia’s Neurological Institute to train in Neurology with special certification in Pediatric Neurology.
5. At Windward Pediatrics, Greg emphasizes preventative care for our keiki, from infancy to adolescence. At Kapi‘olani, his expertise in Pediatric Neurology cares for infants with brain injuries, such as stroke; young athletes with concussions and nerve root injuries.