5 Things Wheel of Fortune Host Pat Sajak Knows About KHON2’s Joe Moore That You Didn’t
Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak and local TV newscaster Joe Moore have been friends for more than 40 years. Sajak has learned a few things.
Photo: Nicholas Tomasello
1. Joe Moore doesn’t drive on the Mainland.
Sajak: “If he can’t see mountains on one side and ocean on the other, I think he
2. Joe Moore is a neat freak.
Sajak: “He’s a real fussbudget. He even washes the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher!”
3. Joe Moore is a Luddite.
Sajak: “I went to his house the other day and watched him attempt to change channels with his remote. It was like watching someone trying to work with a nuclear reactor! I think he still uses a manual typewriter! He thinks black-and-white TV is coming back! Joe, how many cell phones do you carry?”
4. Joe Moore refrigerates red wine.
Sajak: “He knows red wine should be served at room temperature, but he says that rule was written when people were living in unheated medieval castles. He won’t let you open the bottle until he’s stuck it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.”
5. Joe Moore sings Mozart arias and Rolling Stones songs in the shower.
Joe Moore Responds
1. “It’s true I don’t enjoy driving when I’m not familiar with the roads, but I will drive if necessary.”
2. “I washed the crumbs and dried substances off plates before putting them in the dishwasher, and suddenly I’m Super Felix.” (An Odd Couple reference; Sajak and Moore have performed the play multiple times.)
3. “I’m not in this century when it comes to technology.”
4. “I keep my red wine chilled at 55 degrees in a wine cellar.”
5. “Doesn’t seem odd to me.”