18 Reasons We Love Hawai‘i Fashion
From chic beachware and bold, nature-inspired prints to cool collabs and fresh spins on sartorial traditions, here are 18 reason we’re crazy about Hawai‘i fashion.
(page 10 of 14)
No. 12: The Ocean Is Our Boardroom
Local boys love to sport surf shorts in and out of the water. Lucky for them, hometown designers keep pumping out wave after wave of current styles. Slimmer cuts, fast-drying fabrics and four-way stretch materials allow ocean lovers to go from surf to turf in comfort and style. And, you can bet your bottoms you’ll also find a handful of short takes in the sea inspired by the retro days of the legendary Duke.
Photos: boardroom: rae huo; slipper style: david croxford, courtesy of reef, olu kai
1. WATERSHOT SPLASH WATERPROOF CAMERA HOUSING FOR IPHONE, $129.99, 2. VESTAL BRIG WATCH, $140, T & C SURF DESIGNS, KĀHALA MALL, 733-5699.
2. Paradise Cup boardshorts, $75, Reyn Spooner, Kāhala Mall, 737- 8313.
3. DAKINE KAINUI BOARD LEASH, $22, HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS, ALA MOANA CENTER, 973-6780.
4. DIAGONAL STRIPE BOARDSHORTS, $40, HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS, ALA MOANA CENTER, 973-6780.
5. Vestal brig watch, $140, HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS, ALA MOANA CENTER, 973-6780.
6. MR. ZOGS SEX WAX, $1.43, ALA MOANA CENTER, 973-6780.
7. T & C Surf Designs Gilligan boardshorts, $39.50. T & C Surf Designs, Kāhala Mall, 733-5699.
8. ZORI SLIPPERS, $14.50, HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS
9. SPY HAPPY LENS SUNGLASSES, $120, T & C SURF DESIGNS.
10. ISLAND FIN DESIGN SURFBOARD FIN, $69, DIAMOND HEAD BEACH HOUSE, 3128 B MONSARRAT AVE., 737-8667.
11. DOC MARTIN’S OF MAUI NEXGEN SUNSCREEN, $20, HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS.
12. DUKE’S PAREO VOLLEY STYLE SWIM SHORTS, $68, KĀHALA, ALA MOANA CENTER, 941- 2444.
13. Demzien board leash, $26, HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS, ALA MOANA CENTER, 973-6780.
14. NoRep x Fitted Alaka‘i collaboration boardshorts, $69.99, Fitted Hawai‘i, 1438 Kona St., 942-3100.