Hawaii Food & Wine Paradise 2010
This weekend, the annual Hawaii Food and Wine Paradise takes place at various locations throughout Oahu, treating guests to a number of delicious offerings from some Hale Aina Award-winning chefs paired with highly allocated wines from some of the world's best vineyards.
The weekend is full of culinary highlights, but Saturday's "Pairings in Paradise" event offers a special opportunity to see HONOLULU's dining columnist, John Heckathorn in action.
Heckathorn will emcee the event and select pairings to match with dishes created by chefs Donato Loperfido of Sapori Enoteca/Birreria, Fred DeAngelo of Ola, Russell Siu of 3660 on the Rise and Matthew Zubrod of Monettes Artisan Fish and Steak Restaurant on the Big Island. As you enjoy the four-course luncheon, John will referee and each chef will explain why they chose their particular wine selection to pair with your course and then you will be the judge! Each member of the dining audience will have a vote for the best food and wine pairing.
Does John Heckathorn have the perfect palate or is the chef the top in tasting?
The Pairings in Paradise event takes place on Saturday, May 29, 2010 at12:00 Noon at the Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club. Tickets are $150 and can be ordered online.
Other Hale Aina Award-winning chefs participating in the event this year include:
- Rodney Uyehara - Beachhouse at the Moana
- Ryan Loo - Twist at Hanohano
- Jon Matsubara - Azure Restaurant
- Kevin Hanney - 12th Ave Grill
- Colin Hazama - Jean-Georges Kauai Grill
- Ed Kenney - TOWN
- D.K. Kodama - dk Restaurants
- J.J. Praseuth Luangkhot - JJ's Bistro & French Pastry
- Darryl Shinogi - Roy's Ko Olina
This year's theme, "Back to the Future" looks to to mastermind the best in classic and newly innovative cuisine, entertainment and fashion to deliver mind-blowing and mouth watering experiences. There are four events planned for this year's event:
- E Komo Mai at the beachhouse at the moana—(Thursday, May 27, 2010 | 6:00 p.m.) - sold out;
- Paradise Food & Wine Classic—(Friday, May 28, 2010 | 6:00 p.m. VIP Reception/7:00 p.m.);
- Pairings in Paradise—(Saturday, May 29, 2010 | 12:00 Noon); and
- Paradise Beachside Barbeque—(Saturday, May 29, 2010 | 6:00 p.m.).
For details on all of the festivities, visit hawaiifoodandwineparadise.com.
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2010 in Permalink