Tree to Table: A Mango Throw down
The finale event for The Moana Surfrider's 2nd annual Mangoes at the Moana month-long celebration will take place this Friday, August 27th from 6 – 9:30 p.m.
"Tree to Table – a Mango Throw Down" will treat guests to tastings prepared by 17 local executive chefs, all utilizing and featuring mangoes in the dish. Pre-sale tickets are $75 until August 26th and will be available for purchase on location for $85.
A friendly competition will take place between a star-studded lineup of chefs for the following categories: Best Use of Mango, People’s Choice, Dessert, and Overall Best Dish. Winners will be determined through a combination scoring of each category as voted upon by a panel of celebrity judges including Jo McGarry and Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto.
Here's all of the participating chefs and their mango-inspired creations:
- Chef Rodney Uyehara, Beachhouse at the Moana
Lollipop Lamb Chop with Curried Mango Couscous
- Chef Jon Matsubara, Azure Restaurant
Sauternes and Mango “Lassi” Green Cardamom with Crispy Duck Fat Prosciutto
- Chef Ryan Loo, Twist at Hanohano
Kaffir Lime Crusted Sunfish, Basil Compressed Mango and Kona Lobster
- Chef Colin Hazama, Jean-Georges’ Kauai Grill
Star Anise Mango Blossom Duck Prosciutto, Jasmine scented Mango Confit
- Chef Ralf Bauer, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Mango Crustacean Lumpia, Mango Cucumber Namasu, Wasabi Mango Nage
- Chef Dave “D.K.” Kodama, D.K. Steakhouse
Sansei Mango Crab Salad Roll
- Chef Donato Loperfido, Sapori Enoteca Birreria
Ceviche with Kauai Prawns and Hapu’upu with Mango Relish Lilikoi Juice
- Chef Eberhard “Hardy” Kintscher, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
Smoked Roasted Leg of Lamb and Mango Relish
- Chef and Owner Chai Chaowasaree, Chai’s Island Bistro
Steamed Black Sticky Rice with Fresh Mango and Pandan Haupia Sauce
- Chef and Owner Roy Yamaguchi and Chef Jason Peel, Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine
Kona Abalone Mango Consume
- Chef Hiroshi Fukui, Hiroshi’s Eurasian Tapas
Mango Panna Cotta, Mango Ice, Mango Tuille with Chiffonade of Mint
- Chef Robin Lee, Nobu Waikiki
Nobu-style Uku Mango Ceviche
- Chef Jeffery Vigilla, Bali Steak & Seafood – Hilton Hawaiian Village
Braised Achiote Pork Belly, Mango Masa, Mango Slaw and Chili Mango Glaze
- Chef and Owner Colin Nishida, Side Street Inn
Kauai Shrimp with Mango Sauce
- Chef and Co-owner Russell Siu, 3660 On The Rise
Fire Roasted Duck Breast with Mango and Toasted Almond Ragout
- Chef Wayne Hirabayashi, The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Spicy Mango Barbeque Sauce Chicken Lollipops and Green Mango Salad
- Chef and Owner Alan Wong and Chef Lance Kosaka, Alan Wong’s Pineapple Room
Proceeds from the foodraiser will go to benefit University of Hawaii’s Culinary Institute of the Pacific.
The Mangoes at the Moana promotion continues throughout the month. Complimentary self-parking will be available at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for four hours with validation.
For information about the “Mangoes at the Moana” promotion or to purchase tickets to the "Tree to Table" event, please visit www.mangoesatthemoana.com or call the Moana Surfrider at (808) 923-2861.
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 in Permalink