Mother’s Day Shopping in Honolulu
Mother's Day weekend offers a rare Saturday shopping opportunity at Roberta Oaks.
Photo: Courtesy of Roberta Oaks
What does Mom really want for Mother’s Day? Sleep. A cold glass of bubbly. And to be left the bleep alone. And Moms, what better way to spend some alone time than a little shopping? Here are some hotspots to enjoy this weekend:
- Roberta Oaks’ boutique in Chinatown is having a two-day sale, offering the Roberta Oaks Spring/Summer 2011 Collection at buy one, get 40-percent off, and past collections/samples (many size extra-smalls) for $65 or two for $100. It’s a great opportunity to check out her new men’s line, as well. Look for guest designer Sonja Monique, who makes wood, stone and other natural materials. Open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. 19 North Pauahi Street.
- Check out some funky, chunky beadwork by jewelry designer Cora Yee, who will be hosted at a Pearlridge Mall Tapestries trunk show on Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ala Moana Center's Ann Taylor store is having a Mother’s Day Event, with lots of new looks and colorful spring clothing on offer; call 949-7260 for personal shopping appointments. And get 25 percent off your whole purchase in the store, through Sunday. On Saturday, the store is offers keepsake fashion photos, from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Speaking of Ala Moana Center, beginning Friday, you can have three hours of complimentary valet parking with any purchase at the mall every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during Center hours. Mall Level, between Nordstrom and MAX&Co.
- St. John’s Honolulu boutique hosts a Mother/Daughter Open House this Sunday. Shop the pre-fall line while enjoying champagne and light food. A St. John charm bracelet will be the gift to anyone spending $1,295 or more. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Ala Moana Center.
- In honor of Mother’s Day, Fashionista’s Market offers a 10-percent-off sale on Friday May 6 and Saturday, May 7. On Friday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., the store will host hairstylist Kelley Porter, who does feather extensions for hair. 1185 Bethel Street, 537-1115.
Posted on Sunday, May 1, 2011 in Permalink