Coming soon: the 30th annual Hale Aina Awards
Get your tickets now for the 30th annual Honolulu Magazine Hale Aina awards. Yup, we've been celebrating the best restaurants in town for 30 years now! This year, more than 100 restaurants will find out if they won Hale Aina awards in categories such as Best Restaurant, Best New Restaurant, Best Hole-in-the-wall, Best Beer Program and Best Izakaya.
Join the gala catered by nine restaurants around town, including Chef Mavro, Prima and Vintage Cave.
The full grazing menu:
- Beef curry rice, done up as only Alan Wong's can
- Huli huli chicken with creamed corn, another comfort food gone upscale, by Chef Mavro
- Mahi mahi with shiitake orzo and lobster black bean cream from Nico's at Pier 38
- Winter vegetable dish of baby carrots, squash and taleggio from Prima
- Kona Kampachi with sea asparagus, hearts of palm and gingered lilikoi, by Roy's
- A classic steak and potatoes dish—seared tenderloin au poivre with potatoes au gratin—from Ruth's Chris
- Kiawe-grilled vegetable terrine with pomegranate, kabocha and Okinawan sweet potato, by The Grove
- Big Island beef tenderloin, a 'Nalo sorrel puree and "perfect" egg, by Tiki's Grill and Bar
- For dessert, a caramelized white chocolate pudding with macadamia nut, raspberry and cacao from Vintage Cave
Proceeds from the event benefit the Culinary Institute of the Pacific.