Restaurant Week Hawaii 2012
It's time to make reservations for Restaurant Week, with new restaurants joining the fray this year, such as Prima, The Whole Ox, Yuzu, and the new Eggs 'n' Things at Ala Moana (hello, waffle bacon benedict and banana split pancakes!).
Menus that caught my eye:
- Yuzu, which is bringing back a macrobiotic menu from Hale Macro days (a now-closed restaurant run by the same owners as YuZu) that includes a kuruma-fu cutlet with apple miso sauce and Yuzu's veggie sushi sampler.
- Salt: a three course menu that includes a chicken-fried local rabbit and brick-pressed Jidori chicken with a citrus mole, finishing with dessert—an apple-bacon cobbler with cheddar ice cream.
- Beachhouse at the Moana: An oyster roast app pops off the dinner menu for me, as do the braised veal cheeks.
- Taormina: one of the more extensive Restaurant Week prix-fixe (six courses) includes tagliolini with sea urchin as an option and duck breast topped with sautéed foie gras, plus a dessert of tiramisu and chocolate cake and gelato!
- Hank's Haute Dogs, which reminds you that Restaurant Week isn't just prix-fixe menus. Hank's will offer the HankBurger all week
- Wailana Coffee House: because I'm a sucker for all-you-can-eat-pancakes, especially if they're served 24 hours a day for $6.35!
A portion of the Restaurant Week proceeds goes toward the future Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Diamond Head, a new culinary school to be built on the former Cannon Club site. Groundbreaking for the CIP was scheduled for this fall, but no one could be reached for the current status. We'll keep you updated when we hear back.
Restaurant Week Hawaii, November 12-18, visit restaurantweekhawaii.com for menus
Posted on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 in Permalink