Get your Hale Aina awards tickets now
This Sunday night, over a hundred restaurants will find out if they won Hale Aina awards in categories like Best New Restaurant, Restaurant of the Year, Best Cocktail and Best Food Truck.
Make sure to get your tickets now (ticket sales end Wednesday), so you can join the awards after-party and taste nine plates by Hale Aina winners, including Roy's Big Island heart of palm churros, one of the biggest hits at the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival a few months ago.
The full menu:
• Kuahiwi Ranch beef with black pepper sauce and Ho Farms butternut squash by Alan Wong's.
• Whitefish umamezuke with salsa criolla and causa croquette by Nobu Waikiki.
• Abalone and Kahuku corn bisque by Halekulani.
• Big Island hearts of palm churros from Roy's.
• Green papaya handrolls and a lilikoi-chili sauce with shaved fennel, sea asparagus, somen and North Shore ogo by Mariposa.
• Mini crab cakes and bacon by Wolfgang's Steak House.
• Seared Kona kampachi and Kauai prawn nigiri, roasted Alii mushrooms, pea shoots, red pepper pearls and lobster sauce from Sansei Seafood Restaurant.
• Funghi con Polenta with cremini and wild porcini mushrooms in a Gorgonzola cheese sauce from Cafe Sistina.
• Shinsato pork shank torchon, almond gremolata, red onion confit and curried butternut squash by SALT Kitchen & Tasting Bar.
Eight bars will be serving up drinks, to the backdrop of live entertainment from award-winning Henry Kapono, Maunalua, Lehua Kalima and Taimane Gardner. Proceeds from the event and silent auction benefit the Hawaii Culinary Education Foundation.
The 29th Annual Hale Aina Awards is Sunday, November 11, 7-9:30 p.m. at The Royal Hawaiian. Tickets are $100. First Hawaiian Bank priority reward cardholders and groups of 10 receive special discounts. Buy online through midnight Wednesday.
Posted on Monday, November 5, 2012 in Permalink