Where to take Mom for Mother's Day: Some Honolulu Options
She's been good to you. Take her out on Mother's Day. Here: the annual Sugar & Spice Mother-Daughter Tea, Moana Surfrider.
Courtesy Moana Surfrider
Mother's Day is May 8 this year.
You're not going to forget Mom, are you? Flowers, presents and, best of all, a day she doesn't have to cook for you.
Need reservations? Here are some options.
- If you were thinking about Orchids brunch at the Halekulani, it was booked 364-1/2 days early. A tip for the farsighted: The phone (923-2311) opens for 2012 reservations at 7:30 a.m. May 8. It's likely to be sold out by 9 a.m.
- If Mom loves the Halekulani, all is not lost. La Mer opens for a special $79 three-course lunch on Mother's Day that starts with foie gras or diver scallop and ends with a wild strawberry mousse. House Without a Key has a $38 three-course Mother's Day menu at both lunch and dinner. 923-2311.
- Mariposa at Neiman Marcus has a few slots early and late for its $32 prix fixe Mother's Day Luncheon, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. In addition, Neiman Marcus is offering a substantial Mother's Day Tea (beef tenderloin, king crab Napoleon, six pastries) in its Mermaid Room, seating at 12:30 p.m. $50. 951-3420.
- Alan Wong's opens at 4:30 p.m. Mother's Day with a remarkably sumptuous $75 four-course menu that includes everything from butter-poached Kona lobster to cassoulet with duck confit.
- Roy's Hawaii Kai has sold out its Mother's Day brunch, but will be open for dinner with its regular menu, 396-ROYS.
- Roy's Waikiki is not doing a brunch, only pupu on the lanai starting at 11 a.m. Dinner with an as-yet-unannounced prix fixe menu starts at 5 p.m., 923-ROYS.
- 3660 On The Rise has a Mother's Day Brunch Buffet from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., $44.50 adults, $19 children. It will be closed for dinner.
- If Mom likes steak, Ruth's Chris Steak House will give each mother a rose, a $20 gift certificate and a chance to win a Staycation: Two nights at the Embassy Suites, Waikiki Beach Walk; dinner for four at Ruth's Chris and a $100 gift card from Maui Divers. Restaurant Row location, 599-3860, Waikiki Beach Walk location, 440-7910.
- Similarly, Romano's Macaroni Grill will give Mom a rose, a free dessert and a chance to win a Staycation: Two nights at the Ala Moana Hotel, dinner for four at Romano's and a $100 gift card from Maui Divers. 356-8300.
- Brasserie du Vin will have special Mother's Day hours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with both its regular menu and chef James Rosenberry's Mother's Day specials, like three-egg crab and spinach omelet with homestyle potatoes. Should Mom be in a festive mood, there are mimosas and strawberry martinis, plus sparkling wine specials. Walk-ins welcome, but reservations are suggested, 545-1115.
- On May 7, the day before Mother's Day, the Moana Surfrider's Veranda hosts its annual Sugar and Spice Mother-Daughter Tea, complete with a fashion show from Cinnamon Girl, appearances by assorted pageant queens and a special child's menu, as well as a chance to upgrade Mom's classic tea service with a sparkling rosé wine. Call 921-4600 for reservations.
We'll bring you more as soon as restaurants get us the info. [Update: Click here for Part II of this post.] Best to your mom from Biting Commentary.
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 in Permalink