Theaters of Hawaii Photography

(page 4 of 10)


Opera House - The new Opera House, pictured here in March 1908, was designed by architects C.B. Ripley and C.W. Dickey. It opened November 8, 1896, with Il Trovatore, codirected by Henri Berger. Three months later, the first movies publicly presented in Hawaii were shown.

Related Links:
Feature Story: Theaters of Hawaii