Maui Tacos Recipes at Made in Hawaii
Visit the Made in Hawaii Festival this year, and be sure to see Jose "Pepe" Vega, of Maui Tacos, cook the following dish during a live cooking demonstration.
- 1/2 lb sliced steak
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 8 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup diced green onions
1. Mix all ingredients and marinate steak for 6 hours.
- Green Onions, sliced 1 bunch
- Cilantro, chopped 1 bunch
- Sesame seeds, 4 TBS
- Sesame oil, 4 TBS
- Oil, 2 oz
- Soy sauce, 2 oz
- Kohala kimchee, chopped 4 Cups
- Lime, juice of 2 each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Reserve, refrigerated.
1. Add grilled steak and chopped ingredients to a warm flour tortilla.
2. Add 1 cup of Spanish rice or white rice, Kimchee Salsa and Maui Tacos Pineapple Salsa.
Do you like what you read? Subscribe to HONOLULU Magazine »