Makena Beach & Golf Resort Recipes at Made in Hawaii
Visit the Made in Hawaii Festival this year, and be sure to see Marc McDowell, of Makena Beach & Golf Resort, cook the following dish during a live cooking demonstration.
Makena Cilantro & Lime Shrimp Cocktail
- 16-20 Achiote poached shrimps (3 each)
- 1 oz Lime Cilantro Dressing
- 1 oz Edamame Pico De Gallo
- 1 Tbl Chunky Avocado
- ½ Tbl Kaffir Lime Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Chive Sprigs
- ½ oz. English Cucumber slices, channel cut
- 1 Tbl Breadfruit Chip Garnish
- 1 Tbl Sweet Potato Chips
1. Place in glass 3 pcs channel cut thin cucumbers
2. 1 Tbl. of Edamame Pico De Gallo
3. 1 Tbl. of Chunky avocado
4. Toss the 3 achiote shrimps in the lime cilantro vinaigrette place the shrimps all facing the same direction
5. ½ Tbl of the Kaffir Lime Sour Cream
6. 6 Molokai Potato Chips
Achiote Court Bouillon
- 4 oz Achiote Paste, dissolve with some of water
- 4 oz Onions
- 2 oz Celery
- 2 oz Carrots
- 1 each Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbl. Curry Powder
- 2 each Lemons cut in half
- 1 gal. Water
- 2 oz Kosher salt
1. Combine and heat to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Poach Shrimp for 3-4 minutes; remove to a bowl to carry over.
Kaffir Lime Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Tbl. Lime Juice
- ¼ tsp. Lime Zest
- ½ tsp. Kiffir Lime Leaves, pulverized
- Pinch White pepper, fresh ground
- Pinch Kosher Salt
1. Combine all ingredients together. Check flavor.
Edamame Pico De Gallo
- 1/2 cup Teardrop halves
- 2 Tbl Edamame Shelled
- 1/4 cup Red pepper, small diced
- 1/4 cup Red onion, small diced
- 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss all ingredients in mixing bowl together.
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/8 cup Rice Vinegar (or 2 Tbl)
- ½ cup Salad Oil
- 1/8 lb White Onions (or 2 oz)
- 1/8 lb Shallots (or 2 oz)
- ¼ cup Dijon
- ½ Tbl. Sweet Thai Chile Sauce
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 Tbl. Lime Zest
- 1 Tbl. Chop Cilantro
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- White pepper and salt to taste
1. Sauté onions in 1/2 ounce salad oil, season and cool.
2. Puree onions, shallots, lime vinegar Dijon, sugar, chile sauce and add oil slowly to emulsify.
3. Whip in cilantro & lime zest, and adjust seasonings.
- 1 each Avocado, chopped
- 2 Tbl Tomato, small dice
- 1 Tbl Yellow onion, small dice
- 1 tsp Cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 tsp Jalapeno, seeded chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Mix ingredients well, taste for seasonings
Do you like what you read? Subscribe to HONOLULU Magazine »