BLT Steak Recipes at Made in Hawaii
Visit the Made in Hawaii Festival this year, and be sure to see Johan Svensson, of BLT Steak, cook the following dish during a live cooking demonstration.
Marinated Hanger Steak and Grilled Pineapple Salad
For 4 people:
- 2 lbs large hanger steaks, cleaned.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ea medium size red onion
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbl crushed black pepper
1. Chop cilantro garlic and the parsley, roughly.
2. Slice the red onion and combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, add olive oil and the black pepper.
3. Pour the marinade over the hanger steaks just enough so it covers them, let sit over night.
4. Drain the marinade off and save the herbs and vegetables.
5. Season the hanger steak with salt and add some extra pepper. Grill to MR and let the meat rest.
Grilled Maui Pineapple
- 1 large pineapple cut into chunks, big enough to stay on the grill
- 1 bunch Sumida farm water cress
- 3-4 ea green zebra tomatoes or vine ripened Hauula tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to season
1. Clean and pick the water cress from large stems. Cut down the tomatoes, cut away the core.
2. Season the pineapple with salt and pepper and give it grill marks on both sides, the better marks, the better flavor.
3. Cut down the pineapple to smaller pieces. This can be made ahead of time.
4. In a sauté pan add olive oil to a thin film of oil in the pan. Add the marinated onion and herbs. Give them a quick sauté, toss with the tomatoes, the grilled pineapple, and once seasoned with salt and pepper add the water cress and let wilt quickly.
5. Serve over the sliced hanger steak.